Author Topic: Cannot join domain - No objectClass found in replPropertyMetaData  (Read 1760 times)

dkw99

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
*****Update******

I couldn't resolve the error so I ended up rebuilding the Domain.

*****Update****

I have 2 zentyal servers configured as follows:

Server1 - Zentyal 4.0.2 configured as Domain Controller (Upgraded from 3.5)
Server2 - Zentyal 4.0.2 configured as an Additional Domain Controller (Upgraded from 3.5)

When I join a third Zentyal 4.0.2 server to the domain as an additional domain controller it fails to join. I get the following error after about 1 minute.

Discarding older DRS attribute update to cn on CN=SERVER1,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=home,DC=lan from ef049deb-25b6-48dd-9bf5-97aef88e0809
 No objectClass found in replPropertyMetaData for CN=plex plex\0ADEL:1d2d4779-9298-402f-99ff-3d8c7cc3bea1,CN=Deleted Objects,DC=home,DC=lan!

Failed to apply records: replmd_replicated_apply_add: error during DRS repl ADD: No objectClass found in replPropertyMetaData for CN=plex plex\0ADEL:1d2d4779-9298-402f-99ff-3d8c7cc3bea1,CN=Deleted Objects,DC=home,DC=lan!
 : Object class violation
 Failed to commit objects: WERR_GENERAL_FAILURE
 ERROR(<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>): uncaught exception - Failed to process chunk: NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py", line 175, in _run
     return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/netcmd/domain.py", line 555, in run
     machinepass=machinepass, use_ntvfs=use_ntvfs, dns_backend=dns_backend)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/join.py", line 1172, in join_DC
     ctx.do_join()
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/join.py", line 1077, in do_join
     ctx.join_replicate()
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/join.py", line 817, in join_replicate
     replica_flags=ctx.domain_replica_flags)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/drs_utils.py", line 256, in replicate
     schema=schema, req_level=req_level, req=req)

I have run  samba-tool dbcheck and samba-tool dbcheck --cross-ncs and each command returns no errors. Doing some further research there appears to be bug with samba4 that does not handle missing objectClass. I have found the following articles related to the issue, however they are for early versions of Samba4.
https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2014-August/184571.html
https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2014-February/098052.html
bug  report: https://bugzilla.samba.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10398

The user Plex Plex was deleted about 6 weeks ago. I also tried the following without success:
1. recreating the user and then join the domain (both server1 and server2) again
2. forcing replication then join the domain(both server1 and server2) again
3. transferred FSMO roles to server2 and joined domain, then tried to join server1

Is there any way of clearing the error in the LDAP without re-creating the domain?

regards

dkw99

« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 10:20:54 am by dkw99 »