Author Topic: Zentyal Community Edition Group Policy  (Read 6612 times)

dhaval

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Zentyal Community Edition Group Policy
« on: April 06, 2013, 09:54:51 pm »
Hi,

I am using the community edition server and need to setup group policy. I am already logged onto a Windows 7 SP1 machine with Domain Administration Rights(the user was added as domain admin under Zentyal PDC). I need to setup group policy but I am unable to connect via Microsoft Tools. Pls advise what could be wrong.

Cheers,
D

xklones

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal Community Edition Group Policy
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 01:51:18 am »
Hi dhaval,
I haven't tried editing GPOs on a zentyal server with the RSAT (Remote Server Administration Tools) for win7 or win7 with SP1. Make sure you follow the step-by-step tutorial published at http://trac.zentyal.org/wiki/Documentation/Community/Document/SingleZentyal.

You can also check out the updated wiki page on samba website at http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_management_from_windows

Hope this info will be useful, and please don't forget to share your experience with other users. Good luck!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 01:53:30 am by xklones »

dhaval

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 07:22:34 am »
Hi,

I followed this exact article step by step:
http://trac.zentyal.org/wiki/Documentation/Community/Document/SingleZentyal

I can ping the domain, server etc but I am unable to connect the Remote Server Administration Tool to the Zentyal PDC. Could this be a licensing restriction? I have spent over two days trying to have this fixed.... :(

Cheers,
D

xklones

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 10:05:58 pm »
Hi dhaval,
I have was able to install the RSAT on a windows 7 Pro today, then joined the system to the domain and logged on with an admin account created in zentyal. I followed those tutorials I referred you to and am able to play around with group policies and active directory users and computer settings and it is working fine.

heck you pc firewall and time. Make sure nothing it blocking the connection to the zentyal server!

dhaval

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 08:00:18 am »
Hi,

that's great news. I am trying to install everything from scratch once again now. Will update shortly.

Cheers,
D

dhaval

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 07:11:04 pm »
Hi,

Finally I got it working. The issue was I was trying the Rsat tool - server manager and it failed each time. I got active directory users and computers tool and group policy tool and it worked like charm.

Thanks and cheers,
Dhaval

r0n1n77

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 12:00:26 pm »
Dhaval,
Could you please specify which exact group policy tool you installed? I have the same problem on Window 7. When trying to download GPO tool from microsoft I always get redirected to the SP1 download.
Thanks in advance