Author Topic: Server into an internal net  (Read 2038 times)

Silvio

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Server into an internal net
« on: April 07, 2008, 10:18:45 am »
Hi,

I have a web server into an internat net using ebox like gateway, I'm trying to configure access from external nets to this server using port redirection in the ebox machine. The problem is that the server doesn't receive any petition, if I do the redirection agaisnt a public ip machine it works perfect. What are I doing badly?

This is an example of the configuration:

eth0 port:80 proto:tcp ip:172.16.xxx.xxx port:80

Is this the correct way? Have I to configure any more?

Thanks you very much.

javi

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Server into an internal net
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 10:30:38 am »
The redirections work as follow:

You can redirect packets coming in from your external interface to machines in your local networks connected to your internal interfaces.

Can you post the configuration of your network interfaces, and tell us which is internal and which is external?

Thanks,

Javi

Silvio

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 11:03:01 am »
My configuration is  like this one:

eth0 172.16.xxx.xxx internal

eth3 193.147.xxx.0 external

I'm trying to access to a server with ip 172.16.2.30 from the inet, I configure the redirection as follow:

Iface:eth3 Extern Port:80 Proto:Tcp Ip_Adress:172.16.2.30 Port:80

To access I write in my browser the public ip on eth3 of the ebox machine, but it doesn¡t work. I run wireshark on the server and there isn't any packet from the ebox of any place, instead if I type directly in the browser the private ip of the server it works perfectly. The server has ebox like gateway. Can it be a iptables configuration problem into the ebox machine?

Thanks you again for your implication and your great job.

Silvio

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 12:15:06 pm »
I think the problem should be in firewall rules, I have examined again the capture in the server and I can see that the public ip, we suposse 193.147.175.35 establish a conection with the server, 172.16.2.107, when the server begin the send data it when the transmission fails.

I attach a file where you can see what I'm saying, the public ip showed is the client one, so I supossed ebox is doing correctly the redirection and is in the back nat where is the problem.

Best regards, thanks for your time.

Silvio

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 02:12:33 pm »
Hi, the problem is solved. There was an incorrect static route configuration in the server. Sorry for the inconvenient and thanks you for your time again.

javi

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 11:31:59 am »
Glad to hear that :)