Author Topic: Fresh 4 install - incoming mail does not seem to work? [SOLVED]  (Read 1084 times)

kappler0

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Fresh 4 install - incoming mail does not seem to work? [SOLVED]
« on: December 20, 2014, 04:36:32 pm »
Hello,
I just completed a fresh install on my vSphere.
I set up everything to what i believe should be correct but i am having issues receiving mail. I can send to my gmail account fine. When replying it never comes into the SGGo inbox? I also do not see any logs where the message was received... (in the webadmin logs)

Note: I set up two test users and they can send and receive to each other - all apears fine there.. but i cant seem to get any mail from the outside world. I have disabled the FW to be sure nothing was blocking and same result. For some reason i cannot even ping the main IP (external) - it just times out? I have no internal NIC/IP installed either.

Any help here is appreciated - this is my first time working with zentyal so i am not sure where to begin..

Thank you!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 03:46:45 pm by kappler0 »

robb

Re: Fresh 4 install - incoming mail does not seem to work?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 06:37:19 pm »
The MX record for your maildomain has been set up properly so it points to the correct IP address?

kappler0

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 06:44:29 pm »
Yes it does... but i noticed with mxtoolbox that is does not respond. but i can access it via browser...

robb

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 08:02:15 pm »
Does Zentyal have an external IP address? if not, is the port for incomming mail correctly forwarded?

kappler0

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 09:56:48 pm »
Yes, it actually only has an external with a static public ip assigned. The MX record points to this ip at the registrar.

robb

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 11:47:04 pm »
Do you see any mail coming in in your logs?
I must confess I am not that informed on Openchange. I do not use it, But I do use plain SOGo and that is quite straightforward.
Can you dig into logfiles or even post them (trhough pastbin or attached file)

kappler0

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 03:34:22 pm »
I dont see any incoming on the logs. I believe there may be a FW issue or similar. I finally received the bounces from my gmail account which sheds some light but i dont see where in the FW rules there is a problem? (i changed the real ip and domain name below)

Technical details of temporary failure:
The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more at http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=7720
[(0) zmail.mydomain.com. [xx.xx.xx.xx]:25: socket error]

I also dont think anything is listening on port 25:
Code: [Select]
root@zmail:/home/scott# netstat -taupen | grep ":25"
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:25              0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      0          204567      639/master     
tcp6       0      0 :::25                   :::*                    LISTEN      0          204568      639/master     
root@zmail:/home/scott#

Any thoughts on where to look?  I tried to disable the FW completely and still get a time-out when trying to connect. (mxtoolbox) Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 05:33:02 pm by kappler0 »

kappler0

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 09:43:46 pm »
All working... external fw blocking port 25.... argh