Author Topic: Clarification on firewall setup  (Read 1890 times)

Dok

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Clarification on firewall setup
« on: December 03, 2009, 04:11:43 pm »
Hello and thank you for the great ebox, software, i have been waiting to use this for awhile, i switch from a debian lenny Amd64 to the ubuntu hardy ia64 setup with Ebox and i have to say this setup is solid and is way faster than i had before,

The question i have is, When configuring the firewall.

1st: set up services
2nd: set-up Filtering rules for traffic coming out from eBox using services, Now does this allow outgoing to my wan or lan or both.
3rd: This is where i am confused, Filtering rules from external networks to eBox, Is this just for blocking seperate networks in step 2.

Thank you. Dok

javi

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Clarification on firewall setup
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 05:05:00 pm »
2nd: set-up Filtering rules for traffic coming out from eBox using services, Now does this allow outgoing to my wan or lan or both.
3rd: This is where i am confused, Filtering rules from external networks to eBox, Is this just for blocking seperate networks in step 2.

Thank you. Dok

2nd - Filtering rules for traffic coming out from eBox is traffic generated by eBox itself. You won't need to add any rule here unless you install a new service in the machine that is not managed by eBox.

3rd-  If your internet router is forwading stuff to eBox, you can add firewall rules here to decide what eBox services are available from the Internet.

Dok

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Clarification on firewall setup
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 07:01:31 pm »
Thank you very much, My firewall is now configured correctly. Great support,  ;D  Thank you. Dok