Author Topic: [Solved]Zentyal 3.4 decreases WAN bandwidht  (Read 1458 times)

mclusky

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
[Solved]Zentyal 3.4 decreases WAN bandwidht
« on: September 24, 2014, 12:13:10 am »
Hi, this is my first post here.
I decided to build router with web-GUI - Zentyal is perfect for me. Due to need of specific partition layout I used Ubuntu 13.10 as the base with Zentyal 3.4 installed from repository (hardware is thin client).
After some initial configuration Zentyal server started to act as the router. The only active modules are: Network, Firewall, and DHCP. Firewall holds default configuration.
Short after configuration is finished I noticed, that bandwidth of my WAN is limited. Example: when I connect my laptop to Zentyal LAN side - downloading of 127MB file takes about 2 hours, but when I connect same laptop straight to WAN it takes less than 2 minutes.
I tried to find if processor is severely occupied with any Linux process, but TOP shows only processes with less than 1% CPU usage. 1GB RAM memory utilization is less than 50%
I need any hint to pass WAN bandwidth to the LAN side.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 02:35:12 am by Escorpiom »

mclusky

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal 3.4 decreases WAN bandwidht
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 07:53:44 pm »
The problem was caused by WAN interface: DM9601 Fast Ethernet Adapter. Probably Linux driver needs patching. After installing to another machine (Ubuntu 14.04) it acts the same way. I have no time to test it under Windows, but under Windows it might work well. I'm glad to know problem wasn't related to Zentyal.