Author Topic: RTP protocol not found  (Read 1314 times)

mirias

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
RTP protocol not found
« on: September 19, 2014, 06:11:17 pm »
I have recently decided to use zentyal 3.5 as my gateway, but I don't have much experience with zentyal to be honest. I am trying to set up a priority for VoIP and the VoIP provider says that they are using dynamic ports between 16000 - 20000, but that the best way to prioritize VoIP is by prioritizing protocol, rather than ports. He said that other systems could use ports in that range, so if we prioritize RTP, we would ensure that only VoIP is prioritized.  Now, I was unable to find RTP in the list of protocols for my zentyal 3.5 install, even though I am able to create a firewall rule for it, the rule is port based, not protocol based. Is there some add-on that I need to get this RTP protocol on my gateway? Or is this not supported in zentyal?

All the information I find regarding RTP or VoIP is on an older version of zentyal that was running Asterisk. Obviously, this is no longer supported, so I find it not useful. If anyone can point me in the right direction, or answer my question, it would be greatly appreciated!