Author Topic: sogod consumes all the RAM available  (Read 4836 times)

mindesbunister

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: sogod consumes all the RAM available
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2014, 05:33:44 pm »
Crazy stuff. It Works!!!

Ok, i dont understand this. Can you explain this to me? After making sure the other users are not syncing via webmail, mobile phone or outlook, i have used the webmail and outlook with a freshly created user called "test" and it works as it should. Server is bored to death. No RAM filling and no swapping any longer.

edit= i have now also tried to sync the mails with the "test" user on my mobile phone. No Problem at all

What has happened? I have created the user "test" the same way as i have created the others. What shall i do with the others now? Recreate? If i do, what happens with the mailboxes?

attached you will find the versions of sogo and openchange.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 05:41:40 pm by mindesbunister »

figarocorso

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2014, 12:30:32 pm »
Glad to hear it is working (at least with new users).

We have noticed some random "user profile corruption" that makes sogo daemon goes crazy. As they are very difficult to reproduce (random is not usually a good word there), we are addressing them at our best. Keep on tuned to our daily builds for Zentyal 4.0 if you want to test it against the latest version.

Mails of corrupted user should be backuped using a imap/pop client as Thunderbird without a problem.

Thank you for the info.
Miguel (Miky) Julián Ramos - Developer
Zentyal - Active Exchange
www.zentyal.com

mindesbunister

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2014, 02:40:41 pm »
hmm ok. So basically there is no guarantee that the problem will be solved, by deleting and recreating the users.

itmakovec

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2015, 01:32:02 pm »
Confirmed occurrence on Zentyal 4.1, SOGo 2.3.1, after en masse switch to sogo webmail usage

in /var/log/sogo/sogo.log memory-hungry process PID's logs
Sep 14 11:07:34 sogod [8883]: 192.168.106.2 "GET /SOGo/ HTTP/1.1" 200 4281/0 0.036 11290 62% -748K
Sep 14 11:07:39 sogod [8883]: <0x0x7ff663705cf8[NGImap4Client]> Note: no key found for sorting, using 'DATE': (null)
Sep 14 11:08:38 sogod [5475]: [WARN] <0x0x7ff662ed87b8[WOWatchDogChild]> pid 8883 has been hanging in the same request for 1 minutes
Sep 14 11:09:38 sogod [5475]: [WARN] <0x0x7ff662ed87b8[WOWatchDogChild]> pid 8883 has been hanging in the same request for 2 minutes
and the warning about hangup repeats every minute. This happened for every client (web interface mostly) that was rejected with
"No child available to handle incoming request!". For me it was not related to user profile, it seems.

I've implemented a solution from this thread (20 workers in the stub sogo.mas), everything seems to be back to normal now. You really got me out of a pickle.

An amusing desperate measure:
To keep the server alive, I kept killing those frozen processes
Code: [Select]
tail -f /var/log/sogo/sogo.log | grep --line-buffered  "1 minute" | sed -u 's/^.*pid\ //' | sed -u 's/\ .*//' | while read proces; do kill -9 $proces; echo -n "Delikvent: "$proces" " ; date ; done
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 01:34:26 pm by itmakovec »

cheesyking

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2015, 04:43:12 pm »
Glad to hear it is working (at least with new users).

We have noticed some random "user profile corruption" that makes sogo daemon goes crazy. As they are very difficult to reproduce (random is not usually a good word there), we are addressing them at our best. Keep on tuned to our daily builds for Zentyal 4.0 if you want to test it against the latest version.

Mails of corrupted user should be backuped using a imap/pop client as Thunderbird without a problem.

Thank you for the info.

This still an issue? I think I just ran into it on 4.1, deleted the user and recreated and so far sogod seems to be behaving itself.

Hmmm, looks like syncing that user's addressbook is what triggers sogod to go crazy.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 06:47:18 pm by cheesyking »