Author Topic: Zentyal Server 4.0 Openchange  (Read 3721 times)

dspencer

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Zentyal Server 4.0 Openchange
« on: September 13, 2014, 06:23:30 am »
I know this is still in DailyBuild at the moment but as the roadmap for 4.0 states (http://www.zentyal.org/roadmap/zentyal-4-0-roadmap/)

- Support for shared calendars & contacts
- Autodiscover service

as far as I can see these services do not work yet these services seems the same as they were in 3.5 where sharing calendars just basically says no connection between users. Are they coming in 4.0 and just not implemented yet or am I missing something.
These two services alone are a huge part of an exchange server and I'm really hoping they get added in 4.0.

Thank you

sixstone

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • Sixstone's blog
Re: Zentyal Server 4.0 Openchange
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 09:46:15 am »
Hello,

As far as I know, Autodiscover is working and our QA processes are passing.

Best regards,
My secret is my silence...

dspencer

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 02:14:38 pm »
That's fine I can work through that If i know it should be working but is there any new on shared calendars and contacts support? coming soon?

andre.pool

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 06:03:13 pm »
I have been testing the 4.0 daily for the past couple of weeks and found that the major issues is still in play, the auto inbox refresh is not working and the out of office is giving errors.

jmccoy555

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 10:31:38 pm »
Same here, no Outlook auto refresh and SOGo activesync is not so active.................

Strangely my phone connects but I can not access https://ip.address/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync/

dspencer

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 01:58:47 pm »
Quick update:

I've noticed free/busy time has now been fixed with shared Calendars and I can actually see other Calendars now. I've noticed if you try apply permissions for editing etc to the shared calendar permissions change to custom and basically drop the permissions to nothing so you cannot see it anymore. I'm going to assume this is WIP with the shared Calendars but that fact that I can actually see someone elses calendar now without getting a connection error is a huge step forward.

As for auto refresh etc I have not had time to test them features. 29th October is Xentyal 4.0's release date so plenty of time to add more features and fix issues.

ff8jake

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 05:52:01 pm »
Seems to have gotten worse with latest daily 10/3. Outlook 2013 still no automatic inbox refresh, and now getting "The operation failed." dialog box when trying to view calendar.

UPDATE: Problem was fixed by deleting the Outlook mail profile and unconfiguring/reconfiguring Openchange at the server. At that point mail and calendar seem to work, with events put in calendar via webmail showing in Outlook and vice versa (this didn't seem to work before latest update). Still no love on inbox autorefresh though, it seems.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 06:10:55 pm by ff8jake »

ff8jake

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 10:58:42 pm »
Just downloaded latest update. Still no love on Outlook 2013 automatic inbox refresh with either active or cached exchange modes.

mmekimia

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 02:10:52 pm »
Hi is there a link on the redmine for the outlook Autorefresh feature .

As it seems it works only on the Zentyal QA but not on our server ( 4.0) we should help to dig this subject.

jbahillo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2014, 05:09:36 pm »
Autorefresh has not been included for 4.0 yet, uinfortunately. Thereis nevertheless a workaround consisting in telling outlook to send a "send+receive" every x minutes

dspencer

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 02:11:50 pm »
Yes I noticed this also I see the calendar sharing still isn't fully implemented either. Free and busy seems to work but if you try give the other user permissions to edit of more it just reverts the calendar to free and busy.

Hope this feature gets added soon.