Author Topic: unable to access virtual hosts on zentyal 3.5 - 403 forbidden  (Read 1606 times)

zentypede

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
unable to access virtual hosts on zentyal 3.5 - 403 forbidden
« on: August 28, 2014, 01:12:03 pm »
Hello community,

I set up a Virtualbox running Zentyal 3.5 community edition to use it as a test server for web projects. All packets are up to date. I want to use virtual hosts to run multiple separate projects and be able to test them in the local network.

But I can't access the server in the browser, I get a 403 - Forbidden.

error log says:

[Thu Aug 28 11:52:39.239473 2014] [core:error] [pid 15072] (13)Permission denied: [client 127.0.0.1:52615] AH00035: access to / denied (filesystem path '/srv/www/playground.lan') because search permissions are missing on a component of the path

Strangely, I have access to the main apache webspace (by just typing localhost / server ip)

Has someone experienced this issue, as I can't find anything similar in this forum?

Gopher

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: unable to access virtual hosts on zentyal 3.5 - 403 forbidden
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 02:48:56 pm »
I don't think the web server implementation is well documented or widely used, the manual page chooses to tell us about the protocol ffs. As such it is too easy to set it up with poor and possibly dangerous permission levels. If you have set up Zentyal purely as a testbed web server I would suggest you were better off using something like XAMPP or http://www.turnkeylinux.org/lampstack which is setup and ready to roll.