Author Topic: openchange and openchange webmail doesn't work  (Read 1062 times)

casper

• Zen Apprentice
  • CEO of a danish IT consultant company DingIT.dk
    • View Profile
    • Ding IT
openchange and openchange webmail doesn't work
« on: September 07, 2014, 09:43:47 am »
Hi all,

I'm toying with the idea of using zentyal for not only SMB clients but also as a hosted exchange solution using openchange.

I'm in the processes of being certified and in this process i have allready setup one working openchange server..

but for some this second try fails on me.  Outlook can't connect on local IP and openchange webmail doesn't work...

what i have done different is this:

only added one interface
-I figured I would only need one interface since this is going to be used for hosted exchange but maybe that screws something up in the openchange installation if it is expecting two interface IE LAN/WAN?

when i install the communication package I set my domain as xxxx(internal domain) and when it asks for virtual domain I set it for yyyy(external email domain).
-is this wrong? does openchange need the first virtual domain to also be xxxx? or is it ok to start off by having a different email domain

by email domain i mean the domain for the real email address like john@zentyal.org and not maybe john@zentyal.lan

if none of my assumptions are right above I have no clue why it doesn't work this time.

Any help would be appriciated!

THANKS

Casper
CEO og Ding IT in Denmark. A IT consultant company with a strong focus on bringing IT costs down without compromising stability or functionality
http://Dingit.dk

tigerman

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Re: openchange and openchange webmail doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 04:47:35 pm »
Hi Casper,

I have had a lot of problems testing with one interface, I suspect that historically the main use case for Zentyal was 2 interfaces.

To find out if it is the firewall causing your problems then try dropping it while you test...

sudo /etc/init.d/zentyal firewall stop

Does that help?

casper

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Ding IT
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 04:58:41 pm »
Hi Tigerman,

thanks for answering..

I reinstalled my test server with two interfaces keeping the second interface inactive.

also during domain creation in the ubnutu installation i chose nfh.lan as domain and during the zentyal installation when prompted for the domain name i wrote nflexhouse.lan and when it asked for outside mail domain i wrote the outside one..

these two things has done that now my outlook
gets connected to the internet
Find the server settings for the test@OutsideDomain.name

but it won't accept credentials. I have tried with test@outsidedomain.name test@insidedomain.name and just test.. none of them are working..

I tried to turn off the firewall but that changed nothing.. but as for my sogo webmail it says element not found when i try to access it..

any help would be apriciated!

THANKS

Casper
CEO og Ding IT in Denmark. A IT consultant company with a strong focus on bringing IT costs down without compromising stability or functionality

tigerman

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 05:57:50 pm »
OK Casper, I am having a bit of a bad weekend here myself.

Multiple installs of 3.5.3 and I am not able to get it stable.

The only success I had was when I used a single interface and used the FQDN for internal domain and virtual mail domain.  Just one domain.

I am lucky to have some pretty smart help and I hope that they may look at my install tomorrow to see why it is crashing, I will post here if I find anything that can help.

Simon

casper

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Ding IT
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 07:58:34 pm »
Im hoping to get some help tomorrow too :) but i was hoping for a quick reply here... it saddens me you say its been unstable..

im looking forward to hear what you find :)