Author Topic: Zentyal 3.5 + External DNS / DHCP Server ( Infoblox ) - How to configure  (Read 1902 times)

abbzer0

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
I'm trying to figure out how to configure Zentyal for external DNS / DHCP server.  I try to add computers to the domain, but the SRV records and _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.MYDOMAIN.LOCAL do not exist.  I'm not sure what I need to do from within Zentyal to have it update the Active Directory "stuff" within Infoblox.  Does anyone have some suggestions?  Maybe I just disable DNS services altogether and it will update that way?  (Haven't tried just yet.)   Thanks so much for your help!

tporter

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal 3.5 + External DNS / DHCP Server ( Infoblox ) - How to configure
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 10:48:17 pm »
I'm trying to figure out how to configure Zentyal for external DNS / DHCP server.  I try to add computers to the domain, but the SRV records and _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.MYDOMAIN.LOCAL do not exist.  I'm not sure what I need to do from within Zentyal to have it update the Active Directory "stuff" within Infoblox.  Does anyone have some suggestions?  Maybe I just disable DNS services altogether and it will update that way?  (Haven't tried just yet.)   Thanks so much for your help!

I too am in the boat with you! No SRV records or any other evidence of DNS entries required for Kerberos/LDAP. The difference here is I am using 4.0.5 just installed this morning.
Also...I see the wrong template if I highlight the computer container in LDAP tree and choose to "Add". It presents me with a user oriented template.