Author Topic: Openchange configuration on VPS as Hosted Exchange  (Read 2558 times)

llewellyn

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Openchange configuration on VPS as Hosted Exchange
« on: August 02, 2014, 04:37:48 pm »
Good day Zentyal Community.

I installed Zentyal 3.5 on a ubuntu server 14.04 VPS.

The main thing I am trying to achieve is to build a openchange hosted exchange solution for our company.

The webmail side works fine (when I disable the firewall) and I can send and receive mails with that.

Which ports should I open for that to work with firewall enabled?

Second part.

When I add the mail account on outlook 2013 I can connect to the server (without outlook anywhere)
1. How can I enable outlook anywhere to work?
2. When I open outlook and select the openchange profile I created I get the following error.
"Cannot start Microsoft OUtlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. You must connect to Microsoft Exchange with the current profile before you can synchronize your folders with your Outlook data file (.ost)"

I got the same error with Zentyal 3.3. Not sure if there is something I am doing wrong but I am sure there is a work around to get this working.

I also get the following error under the openchange setup

Cannot use RPC Proxy because we cannot find this host name: System needs at least one external interface

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated

llewellyn

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Openchange configuration on VPS as Hosted Exchange
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 04:50:09 pm »
Any help???

Please

fasttech

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 12:22:32 am »
Start with the Network - List of services for necessary ports.

llewellyn

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 05:46:53 pm »
Hi,

Well at the moment I have nothing specific set up regarding the ports on the Zentyal server. The firewall is off at the moment. Bare in mind that this is running on a VPS and network interfaces setup correctly. I can send/ receive mails from SOGo but cannot connect to the exchange from my home computer or any other computer