Author Topic: Restoring not possible due to removel of some Modules...  (Read 1534 times)

normalername

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Restoring not possible due to removel of some Modules...
« on: July 15, 2014, 08:48:34 pm »
Hi all,

i made a clean install of 3.5 and registerd the server with my account - so far so good.
But when i tryed to get all back from the remote stored backup (automated) i can stard the process but during that the following happend:

Some error has happened in Zentyal:
The following modules present in the backup are not installed: captiveportal usercorner. You need to install them before restoring.

YEP - gr8 because since last time - following the Road-Map - Removal of the User Corner module*
Removal of the Captive Portal module*...

So does anyone have a clue how i could go back to normal as the backup wouldent get into the machine now ;( - got tonnnnnnnnns of setings last time

Thanks 4 u r support

puran2

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Restoring not possible due to removel of some Modules...
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 08:38:39 am »
The post is old but I have the same Problem. You had remove the module by hand from the backup, but the 3.4 backup is not compatible with the 3.5. The recovery crashed in 3.5.

papajulio

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 10:53:29 am »
Hello there,

Sorry but the backup was never designed to be able to restore configurations from other versions. You should install the same version, restore the backup and then upgrade to achieve what you are trying to do.

We should have added a check in the code to directly avoid this situations and warn the users that try this type of restores, we will do it for 4.0.

Cheers

--
Julio José García Martín - QA Engineer

normalername

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 06:14:12 pm »
@papajulio - i did this and it worked but wih errors and messed up the system.
One week later i deceied to make a clean install an remake all.

Anyway - Boys and Girls @Zentyal you are doing a gr8 job - keep it up. I also like that the community can use it for free 4 private use!

papajulio

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 08:44:14 am »
Finally it has been done for 3.5 here you can see the pull request https://github.com/Zentyal/zentyal/pull/1516

Cheers
--
Julio José García Martín - QA Engineer