Author Topic: [SOLVED] Version 3.2 - nothing happens when I run the perl script bulkusers  (Read 1560 times)

philtrim

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
I dont receive an error, it just goes back to the command line when I try to execute
the perl "bulkusers" script.  I have the script and the users file in the same folder.

The script is executable, and I am running as root, or sudo.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 03:04:38 am by philtrim »

philtrim

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
What the problem was, that I had made my script executable, but I had not modified any access rights on my users.csv. Once I modified the rights on the Users.csv file, it ran, error free, and imported all users in the text file.

I suppose since I created the original USERS.CSV from a Windows box, in Notepad++, perhaps it caused access issues with the script.  All working now.

I hope this helps another user.

jbahillo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Version 3.2 - nothing happens when I run the perl script bulkusers
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 07:21:02 pm »
Hello. just for the sake of future visits to this post, you will need to make sure that ebox user can read the users.csv file. Depending on where you have placed it it will require changing file permissions on this file or even adding permissions on the parent folder. Thus, the best option is to place it on /tmp where every user can reach,and give read permission to all users (chmod o+r /tmp/users.csv)

Please stamp solved on the title of this thread if your issue has been solved
Best regards