Author Topic: Change Home Directory Path When Creating New Users  (Read 2696 times)

-eCHO-

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Change Home Directory Path When Creating New Users
« on: August 16, 2014, 07:43:25 pm »
Zentyal Version: Zentyal 3.5
Ubuntu Version: Ubuntu Server 14.04

Core Version: 3.5.2
Users, Computers and File Sharing Version: 3.5.6

Function:
This is a test, physical, machine. This machine is configured as sole PDC of its own domain.

Issue:
I am searching for a way to have the home directories for new users created in the Zentyal web interface created in a sub directory of /home. To clarify, as it stands, when creating a new (samba) domain user in the web interface, a home folder is created for the user as /home/$user. I would like to have all created (samba) domain user accounts to have their home directories in /home/UserShares/$user.

Current implementation:
Code: [Select]
/home
   ../Administrator
   ../Guest
   ../samba
   ../user1
   ../user2
   ../user3
   ../user4

What I would like to have:
/home
   ../Administrator
   ../Guest
   ../samba
   ../UserShares
      ../user1
      ../user2
      ../user3
      ../user4

Ultimately, from a Windows-based machine I would like the users to see the directory structure as follows:
\\<SERVERNAME>
    ..\UserShares
       ..\user1
       ..\user2
       ..\user3
       ..\user4

The closest thing I have come across regarding my request is the post at https://forum.zentyal.org/index.php/topic,10382.msg43197.html#msg43197. After researching this post, I have realized that a lot of the files/paths specified are not/no longer valid for the 3.5 iteration of Zentyal.
Additionally, I have looked to see if I could achieve the desired result through the RSAT tools; however, I have not found a way.

If anyone is able to assist, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.