Author Topic: Hide Internal IP Address in DNS  (Read 3037 times)

edmund085

• Zen Monk
  • Keep Calm and Press Ctrl + Alt + Del
    • View Profile
Re: Hide Internal IP Address in DNS
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2014, 04:49:58 am »
does anybody here knows how to?

StuartNaylor

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2014, 07:25:50 am »
To be honest edmund085 bind should be split into forward and reverse nodes and without doubt the internal IP shouldn't need to be hid.

I have setup a few versions of vanilla samba4 from sernet and have a personal choice for the internal DNS of samba rather than bind. (full blown bind9 to complicated for this simple mind, just wish the internal could have more forwarders)

Its just a doddle to set up and you can use RSAT tools.

I get different results with Zentyal and vanilla samba4 and yeah something is not right but exactly what I am not sure.

Its a bug and shouldn't be that way externally. I don't know the exact details with this fault haven't had a look but something is amiss with the dns generally.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 07:28:48 am by StuartNaylor »

N. Balauro

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2014, 09:24:44 pm »

NP: Squid must be built with the --enable-http-violations configure option before building.

From what I can tell Squid needs to be compiled from source with the above configure option.
--enable-http-violations

Most likely this is not the the way Squid was installed in Zentyal? Can anyone confirm this?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 09:27:06 pm by N. Balauro »
Zentyal 3.3.10 -- Xen 4.1 Hypervisor -- Intel Xeon 1245V3

edmund085

• Zen Monk
  • Keep Calm and Press Ctrl + Alt + Del
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2014, 01:42:41 am »
It seems no one is answering, so I guess, I have to delete the internal ip addresses of zentyal manually on the Windows Server 2008 everyday. Tsk  :'(