Author Topic: Where did External mail recieve go?  (Read 7215 times)

Torsten73

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Where did External mail recieve go?
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2014, 02:14:37 pm »
I can´t see that anyone has done a bug report about it. i reactivated the old one under https://tracker.zentyal.org/issues/455

Hopefully that something will happens.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Zentyal 3.5 (offline) unter Ubuntu12.04.3 YAVDR 0.5 als KVM Host
Action Pack Abo with a running Exc. 2013 :-)

Torsten73

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2014, 06:56:24 pm »
Just a thought but does fetchmail need to deliver direct to the mta rather than just passing them smtp?

That way it knows what are duplicates?
with duplicates i mean that every existing mail will be cloned / copied again and again. So i have the messsage not 1 times, it exists on the webmailer again and again. they looks similar, but when you look nearer you see, that its and bounce from MTA with the same mail. 
--------------------------------------------------------------
Zentyal 3.5 (offline) unter Ubuntu12.04.3 YAVDR 0.5 als KVM Host
Action Pack Abo with a running Exc. 2013 :-)

bertalanimre

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2014, 01:11:53 pm »
Unfortunatelly, the fetchmail has a very problematic downside. It checks only if the mail has the "read" or "unread" flag in it. If it has "unread" then it will download the message and modify the mails flag on the source server to "read". If you tell fetchmail to keep it "unread" it will always download the message whenever it is downloaded yet or not. That's is why we can have infinite copy of our mails.

Still waiting for a good alternative. Getmail is not good, since it is scanning all the mails in the postbox. In case of 50-60 user with over 8000 mail in each postbox it is just too much.