Author Topic: [solved] Zentyal down after power failure (Raid, LVM)  (Read 2278 times)

wittich

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
[solved] Zentyal down after power failure (Raid, LVM)
« on: August 20, 2014, 09:59:03 am »
Hi there,

I have the problem that my zentyal machine, it doesn't start anymore after we had a power failure in our area. After a manual reboot the system stayed with the loading picture of zentyal for a while. Neither to switch to console 1 nor to anything else give a clue that the machine was doing. So I run the system from LiveUSB and could see that one of the raid disk had to resync (it took like 3 hours).

After another reboot of the system, now not even the grub2 loader appeared... So I started again with my LiveUSB-System, installed the mdadm library mounted the LVM partitions and run grub-install as well as update-grub. But still the same problem, after showing the BIOS logo the screen stays black... for me it looks like the system can't run the grub2 loader from the boot partition... Any ideas to solve or to narrow the problem down?

Hope you guy can help,
regards Valentin
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 10:44:56 am by wittich »

wittich

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal down after power failure (Raid, LVM)
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 10:44:24 am »
Okay I solved the situation. First I had to tell the system via the LiveUSB that it boot from the raid. Beside the update-grup command I had missed the update-initramfs command. So the system was booting again but got still stuck with the zentyal loading image.

I had to log in via ssh and my local zentyal user. A quick scan of the system showed my that almost all the services didn't run. With the

Code: [Select]
sudo services zentyal restart
I could solve these problem. After another reboot of the system everything was working fine again.