Author Topic: How to migrate Exchange mailboxes to Zentyal?  (Read 3313 times)

dj123

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
How to migrate Exchange mailboxes to Zentyal?
« on: July 12, 2014, 06:57:34 pm »
I am testing Zentyal 3.5.1 as a replacement for our outdated Exchange 2003 servers.  I have successfully set it up as an Additional Domain Controller, OpenChange is configured and everything seems to be working.  My next step is to migrate a couple accounts and public folders over but I can't find a mechanism for doing so.  If I try a Move Mailbox in Exchange System Manager, I get an error ("An invalid ADSI pathname was passed").

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

dj123

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: How to migrate Exchange mailboxes to Zentyal?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 04:34:02 pm »
"Thanks to the native compatibility with Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange protocols, SMBs can transparently migrate their systems to Zentyal."

How?  I can't find a way to Migrate mail over to Zentyal Openchange.  I have searched the web interface page by page, read the documentation over and over again and I can't find a mechanism for migrating mailboxes or managing public folders.  Can anybody tell me what I'm missing here?  I assumed Exchange System Manager would work.  It must be possible to move mailboxes over considering the above quote is posted prominently on the Zentyal homepage but I can't find it documented anywhere nor have I figured it out on my own yet.

caltec

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 02:36:45 am »
I would like to know this as well please. I am also struggling with an error relating to EBox::Samba::checkMailNotInUse. It was triggered when I tried to enable openchange. I hacked the peel code to bypass the check so I could test further but that was like hitting the problem with a large hammer and not acceptable for production. Did you have any issues with it? I have SBS 2003, what about you?

dj123

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 07:47:54 am »
I realized earlier today that I am having the problem you describe in relation to the Mail service (yet OpenChange shows that it's running).  I get the error from Samba.pm (line 3063), Service.pm (lines 1001 and 1003) and RestartService.pm (line 61) when I try to start the Mail service.  How did you disable this check? 

fasttech

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 12:45:35 am »
The community version 3.5 is not ready or supported, if you're trying to do a production migration you would save a lot of heartache to wait a couple of months for v4 to release.
It's just not worth it.