Author Topic: Import/Export users at reinstall  (Read 13257 times)

bertalanimre

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Re: Import/Export users at reinstall
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2014, 11:20:49 am »
I see your point Stuart and I'm gonna try it as soon as it is possible for me, but right now I needed an ASAP sollution and the trial version of the LDAP Administrator did the trick. It was as simple as I wrote it. I just made a filter to export all the users who had the mail=*@#####.## in LDIF. I checked the file with Notepad++ and looked pretty nice. Imported the file to the server with the same app and suprisingly it was a 99,99% success. If the export is only to have a backup and you're gonna import the users to a server with the same setup, I think it works fine.

But I'm deffinetly going to try the bulk user thingy. THanks a lot! Shall I mark the topic solved?

StuartNaylor

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2014, 12:34:35 pm »
Please try it by all means anyway you wish.

Maybe read this first though.

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/LDBIntro

Have a read of the hidden / operational attributes that are not available by ldap.

bertalanimre

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2014, 01:11:44 pm »
the hidden attribute examples are in Zentyal as well? Can you specify me a few hidden attribute for a user with mail address and OpenChange? Because I think I've found a way to view them in the LDAP Administrator.

StuartNaylor

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2014, 02:53:20 pm »
ntSecurityDescriptor is probably the most important but its not a case of just copying and pasting.

Try it but its a ntSecurityDescriptor with a plethora of information from that specific domain.

Maybe you can but I will be very surprised.

I am presuming you will need to create the user on the new domain and then copy the user attributes. I don't think copying and pasting ntSecurityDescriptors from one domain to another might be a good idea.

Its not the fact they are hidden but that they are operational attributes but try and report how things go on.