Author Topic: Badly and urgent need help with Zentyal email solution  (Read 1072 times)

blason

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Badly and urgent need help with Zentyal email solution
« on: July 09, 2014, 09:43:19 pm »
Hi Guys,

I am desperately looking for the help on split domain in zentyal and zimbra. My scenarios is like this and would appreciate the comment

My domain is assume example.com. I already have zimbra server running for 80 users and I am planning to put zentyal as well so that zimbra and zentyal can share the domain and route the mails as appropriate so that I can start moving my users onto zentyal.

Domain - example.com
Zimbra server - zimmum.example.com
zentyal  - zen.example.com

Both will serve same domain called example.com, So does anyone have any clue how do I implement the above split scenario.

StuartNaylor

Re: Badly and urgent need help with Zentyal email solution
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 10:18:03 pm »
To be honest don't think I have enough info to help you.

I think I get you as you want to slowly migrate the users.

I am pretty sure you could point the zimbra ldap settings at the zentyal ldap.

Only prob is the user manager doesn't have zimbra schema.

Zentyal is samba4 so it could but it would force you to use ldbedit and ldbmodify tools to mange your users.

Both zentyal and zimbra use postfix and this might be the glue you need.

My memory is really hazy but with postfix on all received mails it is also possible to send a duplicate to another host.

So your zimbra server could still stay as is and the users you migrate could internally access the Zentyal server.

I am not exactly sure but postfix really is the kickass swiss army tool of email and I am pretty sure you will something along these lines.

Have a search for postfix split and dual delivery.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 10:19:52 pm by StuartNaylor »