Author Topic: Zentyal 3.5 Mail Retrieve ? Cant Find any Options in Zentyal WebAdmin  (Read 2718 times)

muthu

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hi,
I know User-Corner is removed in zentyal 3.5 Edition. But the mail retrieve option from WebAdmin also has been removed it seems.
How to run mail retrive in Zentyal 3.5 now?
Should we have to configure fetchmail manually?
Please Help.
Thanks.

uomorando

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Same issue  :(

StuartNaylor

There has been massive changes under the bonnet of Zentyal. 3.5.

All the authentication modes are now against the samba4 AD LDAP and there is no OpenLdap.

Usercorner will probably come back online.

To be honest I am hoping zentyal will take their time and have a look at the user manager / user corner.

I would rather see a new delegated user manager that is separate from the server manager.

So dunno. 

muthu

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Fetching external account is also manageable with some other solutions. But mail-account Password-Change seems to become impossible without Zentyal Webadmin :(
This is really bad :(
Or Am I not aware of this feature availability.
Needed solution.
Thanks.

StuartNaylor

Your samba account and mail account are linked.

When your account password expires on any windows client you will be prompted for you original password at login.

Or Ctrl&alt&del change password.

Windows doesn't login in though it prompts for new password and two confirm.

After that it gives a notice password changed and you login.

With windows password changes and date expiry are actually probably better than a user corner.

As it is fairly obvious to the user maybe more so.

The thing is I haven't got a clue how this would work with other clients.

Anybody ever set up SSSD on a linux client and tried the password expiry method?

If you are using windows clients then really the only thing missing from usercorner is the fetchmailsettings.

There is one thing and in terms of fetch mail. Rather than it polling all the time I have been wondering about this plug-in and various clients.

https://github.com/marschap/fetchmail_wakeup

Because this is a dovecot plugin then when a user checks his email so does fetch mail and this is the most economical method to use fetchmail.

Any of the Zentyal crew had a look at this?

« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 08:45:48 pm by StuartNaylor »

AbsyntH

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Fetching external account is also manageable with some other solutions.

what kind of solutions?
i'm looking for a way to use zentyal mail (and openchange) without set the MX on my public IP and fetching(and sending) mail from my ISP

StuartNaylor

Maybe one of the zentyal team might be able to make a comment on this as I am sure its on the agenda.

I think it just got dropped purely because of the work load of the move to samba ldap.

There are some elements on the web which I have had to use google translate to read because I am stupid and english and only know a single language.
http://www.lug-wr.de/wiki/index.php/Fetchmail

https://github.com/marschap/fetchmail_wakeup dovecot plugin just makes sense as polling fetchmail for large numbers of users is really costly.

Torsten73

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
I also would like to read from some zentyal staffs here.

cutting a main function for getting in time with release schedule is no way.  This is a community edition, why hurry? beta is beta and when it will last a few weeks more to get it stable, i thing we all are willing to wait. But releasing a Version like 3.4 and 3.5 will move more users that getting new ones.

A mail connector to receive mails is a absolutly nessesary espessially in small setups for security reasons. Acting as a mail server without a relay host can be very dangerous. On thing doing wrong and the domain is blocked.

I did some bug reports for user corner for weeks ago, and also for external mail connector.

I am sorry, i can´t help in repairing this function, but cutting it is the most badest way. It gives us more problems that before.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Zentyal 3.5 (offline) unter Ubuntu12.04.3 YAVDR 0.5 als KVM Host
Action Pack Abo with a running Exc. 2013 :-)