Author Topic: Cannot enable openchange account for users outside the default user container  (Read 9151 times)

scott_whalen

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Gabriel,

I looked again and did see the change to the address book & calendar lists. So it did work.

The behavior that I see is searching or sharing either from the webmail interface, you see the search results for all users regardless of the virtual domain when you are selecting the user to grant access or in searching for another user's address book/calendar. You still need to grant access to be able to open from another user.  Is there a way to list only the users in the virtual domain here?

Gabriel GHEORGHIU

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Managed Services Provider for IT&C Infrastructure
Gabriel,

I looked again and did see the change to the address book & calendar lists. So it did work.

The behavior that I see is searching or sharing either from the webmail interface, you see the search results for all users regardless of the virtual domain when you are selecting the user to grant access or in searching for another user's address book/calendar. You still need to grant access to be able to open from another user.  Is there a way to list only the users in the virtual domain here?

Hi Scott,

AFAIK, there is no way to list only the users to belong to only one virtual domain (for Zentyal Server and/or Zentyal Server Development Edition), when you have multiple virtual domains. You can only have "everything or nothing". That is by design. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think so.

As I said, maybe is possible but with a lot of changes, made by somebody who is really good.

If you want a free email server (but only email server) for complete separate domains, you can try iRedMail (Linux) or AXIGEN (Windows/Linux; the free version has some limitations: 100 email accounts distribuite for n domains, ...). Maybe there are more free email servers but I don't know.

BR,
Gabriel

vasanth

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
I hope that these changes will be maintained in the event of changed files by updates.

I have a question for you, if you don't mind: my working version is 4.0.9.
Do you know if there are issues if I make upgrade to 4.1 from GUI (UPGRADE NOW button)?
Be warned: The modifications are for testing purposes only and not recommended for production environments.
Whenever you do domething on the GUI which forces a re-generation of your config files all your changes will be lost.

If you really need to make those change some sort of permanent, you'd better change the config file stubs:
/usr/share/zentyal/stubs/openchange/ocsmanager.ini.mas
/usr/share/zentyal/stubs/openchange/sogo.conf.mas
Then you may save your changes on the GUI and the config file regeneration will use the new values without CN=Users

But I think that these modifications may also be lost when you install the updates.

Hi Seteq,
Have tried modifying all referred config & ini files including stubs and also tried new stub locations. But
the file ocsmanager.ini is getting created despite even deleting it off, with the setting as (search of content CN=Users within /etc)
/etc/ocsmanager/ocsmanager.ini:basedn =  CN=Users,DC=xxxxxx,DC=com
/etc/ocsmanager/ocsmanager.ini:basedn = CN=Users,DC=xxxxx,DC=com

Is there anything else I'm missing.?

Note: am on 4.2

« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 08:12:47 am by vasanth »