Author Topic: Upgrade from 3.3 to 3.4 via restore 3.3 config is a no go  (Read 2073 times)

ArchW

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Upgrade from 3.3 to 3.4 via restore 3.3 config is a no go
« on: March 29, 2014, 07:04:20 pm »
In the FWIW department, I tried to upgrade a 3.3 installation to 3.4 using a restore from 3.3  but it didn't work.
1. In my existing installation, I created an export of the system config via Import/Export Configuration > Backup the Current State.
2. I saved that to a disk.
3. I made a brand new install of 3.4 and made it so that had the same modules.
4. In the new install, I attempted an import of the system config via Import/Export Configuration >Restore Backup from File
5. It starts and then gives this error:

Some error has happened in Zentyal:

The following modules present in the backup are not installed: apache ids. You need to install them before restoring.

As far as I know, they are installed.

BrunovonTroba

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Re: Upgrade from 3.3 to 3.4 via restore 3.3 config is a no go
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 11:15:11 pm »
I have just did the same thing and it worked fine. In my case i have missed IPS module, just installed it and imported again from 3.3. And all is ok.
So in that case - please try to remove the missing modules Zentyal says are absent and install them again and then import from 3.3

ArchW

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 07:27:17 am »
That worked but after it imported, and I clicked "save changes" when it started saving changes it said :

Some modules reported error when saving changes . More information on the logs in /var/log/zentyal/

Service Zentyal Administration Web Server already exists.

I went in and checked three boxes that were unchecked: "ftp" "Intrusion Prevention System" and "Webserver"

I clicked save changes again, and it hung on "Current operation: Saving haproxy module". The screen never moved again. I closed the console window and reopened the console and it seems to be working?

Arch

BrunovonTroba

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 03:08:14 pm »
Yes, this is because zentyal 3.3 has a system service called Zentyal Administration with port 443 and zentyal 3.4 has zentyal webadmin with the same port and can't be replaced
If You need urgently upgrade - before import change Zentyal admin to another port (not 443)

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://blogs.zentyal.org/jacalvo
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 01:06:14 am »
From the release announcement (https://wiki.zentyal.org/wiki/Zentyal_3.4_Announcement):

"The migration from Zentyal 3.3 to 3.4, not only affects Zentyal but also involves a Ubuntu base distribution upgrade (from Ubuntu 12.04 to 13.10). Given the complexity of the scenario and also to ensure no regression is experienced by users, we have therefore decided to postpone this migration process for a few weeks in order to consolidate the scenario."

But I have to say that the upgrade process is almost ready, and it's very likely to be published during this week.

Any other try to upgrade not following the official procedure is not recommended and will most probably result in a failure...
Zentyal Server Lead Developer

apos

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 02:49:07 pm »
Code: [Select]
dpkg-reconfigure zentyal-core
will at least give you the possibility to reset the admin port to a custom value.

Code: [Select]
* Restarting Zentyal module: webadmin                                   [ OK ]