Author Topic: Questions concerning zentyal and existing infrastructure  (Read 1029 times)

hombrezuelo

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Questions concerning zentyal and existing infrastructure
« on: April 26, 2014, 12:41:25 am »
Hi brothers and sisters.

I'm a linux user since a log time, redhat,centos,debian,ubuntu,and I'd like to learn more about zentyal. My zentyal server is running over a Intel SR2400SYS server with 4 GB RAM and 80 GB HD, and 2 network cards, 1 internal (LAN) 1 external (PPPoE), so far is ok I'm getting involve in zentyal documentation, so I have a question about where should I have to put zentyal server, this is my actual infrastructure scenario:

WAN------Router--Firewall---Proxy---LAN

I want to implement a captive portal using zentyal, for 50 or 60 people to use WiFI service (local and Guest users) but is a little confuse for me to achieve that.

someone throw me a bone here?

Thanks in advance.

hombrezuelo

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Questions concerning zentyal and existing infrastructure
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 08:11:27 pm »
Hi brothers I didn't get any reply for my question. So  I'm going to try to clarify it. How do I add zentyal server to my actual infrastructure? Just I wanna use the captive portal module, I don't need to use the others modules available on zentyal. Is it possible or not?

Thanks for your help.

jbahillo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Questions concerning zentyal and existing infrastructure
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 08:30:32 pm »
Hello:

I'm deleting the post in Spanish as dobleposting is not allowed here.

Regarding your question I would implement Zentyal as firewall + captiveportal. Please keep in mind that I'm not sure how well will Captive portal with proxy. Thus I would suggest zentyal to be configured as a non transparent proxy, and not to configure clients that go through captive portal with any proxy

Other possibilty would be to place zentyal after the proxy, but you would need to configure the proxy on network module in zentyal and to keep in mind that you would be using two firewalls, the one in your infraestructure, and the one in zentyal (needed for captive portal)