Author Topic: The difference between LDAP email and email via plugin?  (Read 1597 times)

-pekr-

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
The difference between LDAP email and email via plugin?
« on: May 04, 2014, 01:39:30 pm »
Hello,

because my old Zentyal server has broken authentication, I decided to install new server and move stuff to the new server. I am experiencing several problems:

1) I can't have two users with identical first and last name. Probably an LDAP definition problem?

2) What is the relation between LDAP section email (optional) and email defined via a plugin in a bottom section? It has really an inconsistent behaviour?!

a) when you change email address and hit apply. It is  NOT reflected in the bottom section upon the DELETE button. If you hit delete, it deletes whole account. It is confusing. Also - once you try to add an alias, you can't. You have to click to other user and then go back. Simply an UI bug

b) distribution group, once again, I defined (optional) email info@my-domain.com, but once sent email to such an address, message bounced with "user not in a virtual mail table" error message. I tried to add email alias in the bottom (plugin) section, but it screamed, that such email address already exists. So I had to delete it in upper section, add an alias, and only then email got delivered. This is imo very confusing ...