Author Topic: [Solved]Remote admin Woes  (Read 1437 times)

Beefcrinkle

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
[Solved]Remote admin Woes
« on: April 24, 2014, 11:51:15 pm »
Well to start I don't have much experience with with Ubuntu server. I was looking for an alternative mail server to gmail and thought this would work pretty neat. Once I got everything installed and setup right (or so I thought) I tried to log into the remote admin from another computer on the network and its a no go. The webserver will pop up and say nothing configured yet but as soon as I try HTTPS it just gives no data. I can ping it but I am unable to SSH. Not sure where I can go from here.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 03:00:31 am by Escorpiom »

Lonniebiz

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
Re: Remote admin Woes
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 12:11:48 am »
That's weird. Typically I've never seen this issue. Usually, there's no issue with accessing the web panel from another computer on the LAN. You just go to https://192.168.x.x .

Also, ssh always works on the LAN (every time I've install Zentyal), without additional configuration.

Have you make any configuration changes to the Firewall in the Zentyal web interface? Are you should your networking configuration is set up correctly?

What you're describing seem unusual to me.

Beefcrinkle

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Remote admin Woes
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 12:23:15 am »
That's weird. Typically I've never seen this issue. Usually, there's no issue with accessing the web panel from another computer on the LAN. You just go to https://192.168.x.x .

Also, ssh always works on the LAN (every time I've install Zentyal), without additional configuration.

Have you make any configuration changes to the Firewall in the Zentyal web interface? Are you should your networking configuration is set up correctly?

What you're describing seem unusual to me.

I believe my network is setup correctly. I have turned the fire wall off for setting it up. It have it left on the default port of 443. I just did dhcp to get the IP while I test it out. And like i said I can ping it and get a response 

When trying to connect I get this error

Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.
Error code: ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

FIXED, The cable was giving it issues. Just had to switch it and reboot the server and its all good now.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 12:51:00 am by Beefcrinkle »