Author Topic: Roundcube problems after upgrade to 3.4  (Read 1658 times)

don

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Roundcube problems after upgrade to 3.4
« on: May 27, 2014, 02:07:48 am »
Hi - after upgrading to Zentyal 3.4, roundcube's address book no longer lists Zentyal users. SOGo is listing the users.

I don't see anything in the roundcube error logs.

I did some googleing, and I see there is a Zentyal/roundcube-plugins-openchange - but this is not on my system. Do I need this for Roundcube?

Also, I used to have Roundcube reading and writing to my Owncloud calendars and address books with caldav and carddav. Is SOGo able to do this?

Cheers

Don

jbahillo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roundcube problems after upgrade to 3.4
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 11:08:24 am »
Hi:

zentyal webmail (roundcube) is only intended in 3.4 for standard mail.

If you want webmail for openchange you will need to install and use openchange webmail, which is based on SOGo

don

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Roundcube problems after upgrade to 3.4
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 03:48:54 am »
Yes - I have installed and had a look at Openchange and SOGo. I am wondering if using SOGo is going to lock me into using Openchange exclusively, or if I can use it to access my other calendars and address books. At the moment it does not seem I can.

On 3.3, Roundcube could access the Zentyal server address books, email and calendars without modification. After upgrading, it could not. It also has plugins so I could sync with other calendars and address books.

Seems to me that Openchange / SOGo are a bit of a backward step. Instead of letting you use Microsoft's protocols as well as the open standard protocols, it is replacing them. If you want to do that, you might as well use Exchange and be done with it.