Author Topic: OpenChange on HTTPs  (Read 8063 times)

stickybro

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: OpenChange on HTTPs
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2014, 06:35:33 am »
now working with the help of ff8jake in this post

https://forum.zentyal.org/index.php/topic,11444.msg83976.html#msg83976

hj

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2014, 01:11:20 am »
The correct way is

"x-webobjects-server-url" "https://myhostname.domain-name.org:<% $sslPort %>"

because <% xxxx %> will be a variable which will replaced with sth.

and do not forget to restart the webserver at the dashboard. If not the config file will not be replaced.

Michael
Thank this worked

Skymatix

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2014, 06:17:30 pm »
I am still stuck where SilkBC left.....

My whole server seems to work fine BUT I cannot get Outlook to connect remotely!
Just to confirm... I manually edited the /usr/share/zentyal/stubs/sogo/zentyal-sogo.mas file and webmail is now working as advertised!
Webadmin is off Port 443 and HTTPS is on it. I can resolve the FQDN 100%, it's talking fine

How can I see my OpenChange Server? What else can I do to see it now?

Skymatix

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2014, 07:50:46 pm »
So, if /usr/share/zentyal/stubs/sogo/zentyal-sogo.mas controls and fixes the external to internal domain issue for SoGo, which file fixes this issue for Outlook?

I did I few more tests (fire-wall disabled now, other wise it still does not work :( ) and get the same issue as fixed in this topic when I use outlook... my external FQDN gets translated to the internal .LAN nonsense address the moment Outlook sees the server when I create the user profile in Outlook on the remote PC. So how do I force the proper FQDN in place at all times?
* By the way..... the FQDN is correct on the OpenChange page in the Zentyal GUI! It obviously does not pull the setting through to the right place automatically :(

Skymatix

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2014, 02:11:25 pm »
bump

rcarney

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2014, 08:17:03 pm »
Openchange has serious issues.  See in forums "Crash" "Samba" "Openchange"

Skymatix

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2014, 07:38:26 am »
Yip, Noticed this as well.
My crashes started after loading Activesync for SoGo....

Got myself the commercial 30-day trial version and it does not crash like v 3.4.3

I finally figured out how to get my Outlook to work BUT it only lasts as long as my ISP does not change my IP address. DynDNS does not work for me anymore and I have to continually change my HOST file now!?

As a matter of interest, I still cannot figure out how to get OpenChange and the fire-wall to work together. Everything works 100% as long as the fire-wall is off......

When I use https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/ it fails the certificate every time so I am not sure if this is part of the problem or not. My current experience with this product is obviously limited and frustrating but, I will figure it out.

theb2b

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2014, 04:15:40 am »
Skymatix please share how you where able to get Outlook to work?
What version of Outlook are you using? I can get it to work for a short bit but eventually it fails. Like you I have to update my IP, but at this point that is a minor nuisance.

Skymatix

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2014, 09:22:42 am »
Sir the space to type a manual in this forum is unfortunately limited.
- What I will do is create a manual of how I do it and then submit it via a DropBox link so anyone on this forum can download it and comment on it.
- Please give me a couple of days to do this as I still work in between :)

I would love for the clever guys to also point out what I am doing wrong on some points!

In the meantime.....

I am testing with Outlook 2007 and 2010 they work fine with my V3.4.3 as well as the commercial trial version V3.2 SP2 until I activate Active Sync!
- Then the servers all die after the first sync!!!
- 2013 does not even want to "see" the OpenChange server

From what I understand, Outlook 2007 is good for V3.4 and 2010 will be officially supported from V 3.5.
It seems the OAB (Offline Address Book) remains an issue an all versions and we are waiting on Zentyal to say when they will implement it.

Lastly, what you are referring to as a minor nuisance is actually a deal killer and leaves Zentyal out in the cold and TOTALLY unusable for me and any other engineer and our clients who use ADSL with our servers where the IP address keeps on changing every day or two! I have almost 300 workstations that I administer there is no way on earth that anyone can edit each host file every day or two!  ----   DynDNS works perfectly well in every other installation that I have ever done, including actual MS-Exchange and Zentyal V3.2 with Zarafa.  - I have never, in 21 years of rendering IT support, EVER had to edit a HOST file and find this requirement really strange!?