Author Topic: OpenChange causes Samba crash (and then no more usable)  (Read 13238 times)

rcarney

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: OpenChange causes Samba crash (and then no more usable)
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2014, 01:47:50 am »
 :'(this must be a really serious issue... No one comments on it.

psifactory

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2014, 08:21:50 pm »
i think so.. no response from the team since a month. And this is really a important thing. Noone could use the 3.5. of zentyal in productive enviroment if this bug isnt fixed...

freesoul

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2014, 02:48:27 pm »
I hope it will work in the 3.5 version, and thats way no one of them response here, it would be a nice suprise

MyKey0815

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2014, 04:48:44 pm »
Today I install a fresh Zentyal 3.5 and can reproduce the Problem. :-(

I found out that the retrieving of mails via fetchmail Crash the "RPC-Server". So I cannot Access the OpenChange via Outlook 2012 anymore. Everytime the fetchmail is running an deliver mail to my Mailbox the Crash coming.

My Installation is german Windows 7 64-bit with Office 2010 Home and Business (32-bit).

I would be very helpfull to confirm the Problem and Show a solution (Exchange-Cache is disable and don´t work for me). Second can someone help to configure the fetching of external mails. Which program is the perfect for zentyal ;-)

Thanks very much

tigerman

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2014, 10:35:24 am »
I have had the exact same problem in 3.3, 3.4 and now 3.5

Different hardware, hypervisor and clients - same deal.

Inbox works the first time then a crash then no more.

Dang!

jkerihuel

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2014, 05:06:58 pm »
Oops,

First of all, I am really bothered none of you received a reply from our side earlier ...  this has not been done on purpose - does not make this situation acceptable anyhow :-[

If I summarize this thread, the problem you experience is systematic and recurrent crashes of OpenChange/Samba after you import a given PST file.

During 3.5 development, we have tackled down and fixed 2 potential root causes that could have impacted PST import. As it sounds this discussion only finds echo in the forum, I would like to leverage this to ask one of you if he would agree to:

1. share his PST file with us so we can reproduce the issue and fix the root cause?
2. create a ticket in tracker.zentyal.org and attach the crash report to it? (I have increased our attachment limits to 15Mb, so it should be enough to include them)

If you have already sent a crashreport, just give us an approximate time range when you submitted it and we should be able to retrieve it!

Cheers,
Julien.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/jkerihuel
Key fingerprint = 08BA 50B1 9EFF 8E1E FB4A  24FA B2A9 D5F3 9624 1CC2

rcarney

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2014, 07:59:44 pm »
Julien, thank you for taking the time to respond to this thread.  It is great that someone has looked at it.  The Crash problem is serious and makes Zentyal almost useless except for the simplest of installations.   Zentyal 3.5 still crashes when trying to upload data from a .pst file.  This feature is a must as there is no other way to load an email account with user's information.

I was able to upload notes.  Could not do that in 3.4
It crashed when uploading contacts, I have about 2000 contacts I am trying to upload.  This crash does not happen in 3.2 so something has been broken.  Using the same files.
It also crashes when uploading the inbox or any other folder.

I have submitted the crash reports...

rcarney

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2014, 08:26:01 pm »
This does not have anything to do with this thread but thought I would note that NOT being able to retrieve pop mail in Zentyal 3.5 is a major issue for small businesses.  This too will prevent many from adopting Zentyal 3.5.  If this thread and the pop issues can be resolved, it will cause a massive jump in adoption.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 08:28:30 pm by rcarney »

psifactory

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2014, 10:05:15 am »
Does someone already created a ticket with the crash report? i have here an testing enviroment, so i could do this step.
but i cant share the .pst because there are private mails in it. can someone give me a .pst so i can attach it to the ticket?

theb2b

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2014, 04:24:21 am »
Julien, have you seen my post on page two, mine has nothing to do with importing .pst but rather an ongoing crash due to samba and openldap. I did submit a bug tracker for this problem about mid-March. Only solution give was to rename my openchange name, seemed like a half solution as I would have to change the domain name also. when I asked this question never got an answer back. I'm also unable to join any device to the domain.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 04:43:40 am by theb2b »

doncarlos

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2016, 03:13:45 pm »
Hi!

Sorry for bringing up this old thread but exactly the same happened to me on a fresh install of 4.2.2. I tried to import a 300 MB pst file and it crashed the samba modul. And every time I open that mailbox samba crashes again. If I view that mailbox from the sogo webmail everything is fine, I can even see the imported messages. But as soon as I start outlook 2010 it crashes samba again. How can I import our users old mail data without killing the hole AD server?

And an another issue, there are folders appearing in the mailboxes called "Levelszemet (1)" (it means spam in hungarian) and they keep appearing so there are some users who has multiple "Levelszemet (1)(1)(1)" folders. Do anyone knows why this happens?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Zsolt
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 03:17:05 pm by doncarlos »

pcready.cl

• Zen Samurai
  • Zentyal Installer in Chile
    • View Profile
    • PC Ready Chile SpA
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2016, 10:41:46 pm »
Hi!

Sorry for bringing up this old thread but exactly the same happened to me on a fresh install of 4.2.2. I tried to import a 300 MB pst file and it crashed the samba modul. And every time I open that mailbox samba crashes again. If I view that mailbox from the sogo webmail everything is fine, I can even see the imported messages. But as soon as I start outlook 2010 it crashes samba again. How can I import our users old mail data without killing the hole AD server?

And an another issue, there are folders appearing in the mailboxes called "Levelszemet (1)" (it means spam in hungarian) and they keep appearing so there are some users who has multiple "Levelszemet (1)(1)(1)" folders. Do anyone knows why this happens?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Zsolt

Eset Antivirus in the machine?
Email: contacto@pcready.cl
Teléfono: (+56 32) 314 0883
Web: https://www.pcready.cl