Author Topic: DNS forward from Zentyal to Windows DNS  (Read 2071 times)

Anarethos

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
DNS forward from Zentyal to Windows DNS
« on: July 28, 2014, 09:00:28 pm »
Hi everyone!

I just heard about Zentyal a few day ago and started to play with in under VmWare.

Personnaly, I am interested by the Exchange part of the package. Right now, I am using a mix of hMail server, OwnCloud, RoudCube + CardDav plugin and ThunderBird with SOGO connector for my email, contacts and calendar. And it doesn't works like I would like it do do (unstable, problems synching contacts, etc.)

After playing with Zentyal, I found that I can't use the Windows AD integration with the OpenChange module and that Zentyal must be configured as a local LDAP/AD server.

To simplify everything, I decided to use the same domain name for Zentyal that I use for my Windows AD. I have added the Zentyal host in my DNS (Windows AD) and I can resolve correctly my Zentyal server. The problem is on the other side. Since I use the same domain name, Zentyal don't seems to forward my request to my AD DNS (even after adding forwarder). I have to add all of my static host in the local DNS of Zentyal.

Is there a way to tells it to forward DNS querys even if the DNS server is authoritative for the domain name? I don't like the idea to have 2 different domain name (like TOTO.COM for my and TOTO-Zentyal.COM for Zentyal) to prevent the DNS problem.

Thanks in advance for your help!