Author Topic: [SOLVED]Waiting until Zentyal is ready...  (Read 9577 times)

MLutrov

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
[SOLVED]Waiting until Zentyal is ready...
« on: March 22, 2014, 07:05:09 am »
Hi guys

I upgraded all my server modules, etc the latest version last night. After restarting my server it gets stuck on

"Waiting until Zentyal is ready..."

It's been a few hours now and it still says that message. What can I do to fix this issue.

Thanks.

Edit: Added solved to the title.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 06:16:33 am by MLutrov »

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://blogs.zentyal.org/jacalvo
Re: Waiting until Zentyal is ready...
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 10:08:33 am »
Which version are you using?

You can try with sudo service zentyal webadmin restart
Zentyal Server Lead Developer

MLutrov

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 02:53:04 pm »
I have everything to the latest version, as I stated in my first post I had upgraded everything.

Running the command you gave me spewed out a bunch of errors.

Edit: Is there anyway to see the version of all the modules without using the GUI? If yes ill run that command and post the results here.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 02:57:33 pm by MLutrov »

MLutrov

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 04:03:32 pm »
Did some checking around. Found I couldn't ping outbound, couldn't even ping my router. My gateway IP had been wiped (Not changed, completely removed) and my DNS servers were wiped too. I had to go in and manually set them. Not sure if that had anything to do with zentyal not starting. Will test a bit more.

Edit: I think I fixed it. I will post my solution here, in case anyone in the future has the same issue. You will want to be logged in as root to do the following. (Type "sudo -i" in a terminal)

I tried pinging outbound and got an error stating "connect: Network is unreachable". Confusing, so i did route -n and saw my gateway was 192.168.71.0... Which is a network address? So I went to /etc/network/interfaces and added the line "gateway 192.168.71.254". Restarted the networking process with "/etc/init.d/networking restart" and tried to ping www.google.com which failed... So I then did "pico /etc/resolv.conf" and saw no DNS servers listed. So I manually wrote in "nameserver 8.8.8.8" on a new line.

I then did "apt-get update" and "apt-get upgrade" only to find more updates.

I think something failed during the update process and that was the cause of my issue. I can browse the server webpage now. I fired up a PC and was able to login, access the internet, access the shares, so I think all is good now.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 04:14:33 pm by MLutrov »

royceb

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 05:15:12 pm »
Mlutrov this happened to me as well on a box I updated the software on.  It had only happened on one of the 8 boxes I've setup where the dns for some reason was no longer there.  After setting the dns back as you did and running apt - get update and upgrade my issues were resolved.

weißnix

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 06:31:25 pm »

I had the same problem.
Via Webmin I have entered my gateway for the default route.
Then I pointed out the outstanding Zentyal updates via Webmin software package update. After the reboot, the system was back to normal.

Translate with google

Ich hatte das gleiche Problem beim heutigen Update.
Via Webmin habe ich für die default-Route mein Gateway eingetragen. Danach lief die Internet-Verbindung wieder.
Anschließend habe ich die noch ausstehenden Zentyal-Updates via Webmin-Software-Package-Update ausgeführt. Nach dem Reboot lief das System wieder normal.
Zentyal 7 auf Atom D525; 4GB RAM, 240 GB SSD,

File- und Mailserver
Remotezugriff via VPN

weißnix

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 08:03:03 pm »
in addition:

I had made the update as follows:

step 1
System Update via Zentyal-Webadmin

then error when module restart Samba, LDAP

1 hour wait for Zentyal ready
no success   :-\  :'(
1 hour to investigate for error

Step 2
via Webmin a valid Network Config placed (including default route with default gateway) for the external NIC.

Step 3
As Zentyal did not start
updated the Zentyal components via Webmin

4 step
reboot

Zentyal ready   :) :) :)

translated with google translator
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 08:08:31 pm by weißnix »
Zentyal 7 auf Atom D525; 4GB RAM, 240 GB SSD,

File- und Mailserver
Remotezugriff via VPN

elias_viaro

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: [SOLVED]Waiting until Zentyal is ready...
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 11:03:42 pm »
Hi All,

I had the same problem, but after to I tried to restart the server (sudo service zentyal webadmin restart), the service was restarted ok but the error persisted.

I've checked the file /var/log/zentyal/error.log and the error is:
[crit] 7729#0: *9 connect() to unix:///run/zentyal-webadmin/webadmin.sock failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream

I searched for that file:
/run/zentyal-webadmin/webadmin.sock
and that file doesn't exists

The zentyal was working fine until I rebooted (using the zentyal reboot option). I can't to find that file in the zentyal github repository, please someone can help me?

Thanks a lot!!!

Excuse me for my english!!

ferthelet

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: [NOT SOLVED] Waiting until Zentyal is ready...
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 07:04:41 pm »
Hello there,

This is marked as SOLVED but it isn't apparently... today we are having this same problem but slightly different. We do not have access to the Webadmin interface with the error message "Waiting until Zentyal...". We do have network and DNS access from / to the server to Internet sites or internal computers. Logins and shares are working fine. Just the admin interface doesn't work (and not sure whether anything else).

Tailing the log, I can see my workstation being denied (?) (servername = my actual servername replaced)
2014/07/28 12:35:45 [error] 24731#0: *3085 connect() failed (111: Connection refused) while connecting to upstream, client: 192.168.14.135, server: , request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", upstream: "http://127.0.0.1:60080/", host: "servername", referrer: "https://servername/"
2014/07/28 12:35:46 [error] 24731#0: *3085 connect() failed (111: Connection refused) while connecting to upstream, client: 192.168.14.135, server: , request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", upstream: "http://127.0.0.1:60080/", host: "servername", referrer: "https://servername/"

We do have ssh access. We are currently on Zentyal version 2.8 ~ 2.9, not completely sure now... how do I double check this?

Thank you in advance for any advice or suggestions...
--
Fer