Author Topic: 1.3 usersandgroups failure  (Read 3162 times)

peterr

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Re: 1.3 usersandgroups failure
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2009, 02:54:16 pm »
thanks for the hint about the init.d file - it has gone and so has that error  :)

The password bit has me confused though
I entered a password for admin user for ldap during installation and this is what I used in the users config before trying to activate the module.
I can access the ldap server with phpldapadmin using this password but the slave does not seem to.
I have just looked in /var/lib/ebox/conf/ebox-ldap.passwd (master server) and what is there is not what I entered.  I have just tried to activate the slave using this password instead but it is unable to connect using that one either.
I am not in work tomorrow so I will have another try on thursday - I may well try and remove usersandgroups from both machines and start again and see what happens. (unless you suggest something different I could try)
Peter

peterr

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2009, 07:06:49 am »
Decided to start over so I tried this (from JACalvo)
sudo apt-get -y --force-yes remove --purge libldap-2.4-2 slapd ebox-.*
sudo rm -rf /var/lib/ldap* && sudo rm -rf /etc/ldap/*
sudo apt-get -y --force-yes remove --purge libebox ebox
I then deleted the folders not removed as not empty i.e.
/usr/share/ebox and /usr/share/perl5/EBox
sudo updatedb and locate ebox found these which I also removed
/var/lib/ebox
/var/lib/ebox-usersandgroups
/var/log/ebox-usersandgroups
/etc/ebox

I guess this is pretty close to a clean install
sudo apt-get install ebox-webserver ebox-software ebox-monitor ebox-usersandgroups
was chugging along fine until it did this
Setting up ebox (1.3.9-0ubunt1~ppa1~hardy1) ...
Can't locate EBox/Config.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .).                                                                               
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.                                                               
dpkg: error processing ebox (--configure):                                                       
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2                                 

after which everything fell over due to ebox not being configured (apache was left up and running and so was postgreql)

Any ideas where to go next?

peterr

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2009, 10:51:43 am »
OK when I started typing this I was still out of luck but I have been trying things and entering the result as I have gone along (without posting) - as you will see from the very end of this post it is now working  ;D

I have reinstalled ubuntu8.04 server on two boxes - they are totally up to date
I installed ebox - that worked on both with no errors
I then installed ebox-usersandgroups on both boxes with absolutely nothing else
It worked but with errors
Setting up ebox-network (1.3.9-0ubuntu1~ppa1~hardy1) ...
Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /usr/share/ebox-network/ebox-netcfg-import line 58, <FD> line 10.                                                                                       
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/ebox-network/ebox-netcfg-import line 66, <FD> line 10.                                                                     
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/ebox-network/ebox-netcfg-import line 66, <FD> line 10.                                                                     
Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /usr/share/ebox-network/ebox-netcfg-import line 58, <FD> line 10.                                                                                       
Use of uninitialized value in numeric ne (!=) at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Network.pm line 978, <DATA> line 228.                                                                                       
 * Restarting eBox module: network 

I was prompted for and entered a password for ldap administrator (set to the same on both boxes)
apparmor is not installed on either box and /etc/init.d/apparmor has been deleted from both boxes
I set one box up as an ldap master but entered no users at this stage
I have tried to set up the other box as slave but no luck - it won't recognise the ldap password.
I have tried with the ldap admin password I entered on install, I have tried with the one in /var/lib/eboxconf/ebox-ldap.passwd (typed in and copied and pasted from this file) - each time i try to activate it fails with a password error
I have tried with the firewall enabled on both boxes (both set to accept for ldap rule) and with the firewall disabled on both boxes
FINALLY I entered a user into the master then activated the slave (ebox-ldap.passwd) with both firewalls active and ldap accepted on both.
IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
(and I can now see the user I entered on the master in the edit user bit of the slave)
 ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
I hope this excursion down a lot of mysterious blind alleys helps anyone else who finds themselves stuck (or provides some entertainment to the smug)
I have no idea what broke (or what I broke) in the begining or at various stages along the way
but thanks to all those who gave assistance.

Saturn2888

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2010, 11:16:51 am »
Failed to enable: Can't connect to master eBox at 1.1.1.11

So I tried this:

root@main:/var/backups/ebox# telnet 1.1.1.11 389
Trying 1.1.1.11...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused

In the eBox config, I actually have  389 open in 1.1.1.11. When it was set to deny, and anytime I tried to enable usersandgroups in the slave, it would take forever and then say it couldn't connect. Once I enabled that port in the firewall in the master, it now says "Failed to enable: Can't connect to master eBox at 1.1.1.11" immediately.

I tried disabling the port again, no fix. I dunno what's going on. The password's right apparently.

Saturn2888

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2010, 11:35:53 am »
Update, I did that purge script on the master machine and now:

Code: [Select]
A really nasty bug has occurred
Exception
Failed to enable: write_file '/var/lib/ebox/conf/ssl/master.cert' - sysopen: Permission denied at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/UsersAndGroups.pm line 2586.
Trace
Failed to enable: write_file '/var/lib/ebox/conf/ssl/master.cert' - sysopen: Permission denied at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/UsersAndGroups.pm line 2586.
at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/ServiceModule/ConfigureModuleController.pm line 74
EBox::CGI::ServiceModule::ConfigureModuleController::_process('EBox::CGI::ServiceModule::ConfigureModuleController=HASH(0x9c...') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/Base.pm line 262
EBox::CGI::Base::run('EBox::CGI::ServiceModule::ConfigureModuleController=HASH(0x9c...') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/Run.pm line 120
EBox::CGI::Run::run('EBox::CGI::Run', 'ServiceModule/ConfigureModuleController', 'EBox') called at /usr/share/ebox/cgi/ebox.cgi line 19
ModPerl::ROOT::ModPerl::Registry::usr_share_ebox_cgi_ebox_2ecgi::handler('Apache2::RequestRec=SCALAR(0xb70f790)') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 204
eval {...} called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 204
ModPerl::RegistryCooker::run('ModPerl::Registry=HASH(0xb7bc63c)') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 170
ModPerl::RegistryCooker::default_handler('ModPerl::Registry=HASH(0xb7bc63c)') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/Registry.pm line 31
ModPerl::Registry::handler('ModPerl::Registry', 'Apache2::RequestRec=SCALAR(0xb70f790)') called at -e line 0
eval {...} called at -e line 0

I get that on the slave when trying to enable the module. Thing is, that file doesn't even exist!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 11:41:29 am by Saturn2888 »

Saturn2888

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2010, 04:07:20 pm »
Ok, I found something. That issue I'm getting when enabling the Users and Groups module is that there's a permission problem with /var/lib/ebox/conf/ssl/master.cert. I discovered on neither server, has that file so I wonder if I need to first enable the certificate manager or not. Did I miss something important?

Saturn2888

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2010, 02:14:58 pm »
I fixed my issue by the way. I figured out a few things master/slave-related.