Author Topic: 3.4 Status  (Read 1948 times)

peterpugh

3.4 Status
« on: March 12, 2014, 07:38:39 pm »
sourceforge.net/projects/zentyal/files/Incoming/

Has a more recent ISO than I am using, mine is the previous.

I have what is my normal Zentyal up and running.

I guess HA can wait as plainly stated its an initial release and my opinion is I don't expect anything until maybe some holidays after 3.4.

Images of dashboard and modules installed.

Still get the corruption message when I enable a module. Just keep putting in the base address of the webadmin and wait for processes to calm down before clicking save.

Usercorner still seems to be one to stay away from.

Now I say this because on save I so a dreaded error that killed the server last time.

Not the same effect as all OK and after a reboot all seems OK and can access user corner.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 08:28:19 pm by peterpugh »

peterpugh

Re: 3.4 Status
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 01:40:18 am »
140 updates, still leave users in custom Ou's without openchange control.

PS please someone change the CN of openldap from Firstname + Lastname or scrap s4sync.
Different username, yes same first and last name. Can't add because of what I consider just stupidity.

Apols :) but its actually quite serious and the arguments just don't hold water.

Much time has been wasted with clousman but this will rear its head. Samba4 like most M$ stuff uses indexes of unique identifiers.
Unique constraints and something as fundamental as Firstname + Lastname, honest totally bemused.

A commonname is a container name that has linked objects and we are not talking about Fred.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 05:11:56 am by peterpugh »

peterpugh

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 06:11:07 pm »
I was hoping we might get some details from the dev's.

Apart from the RPC which might be a bit of an oversight or assumption of a gateway mode of employment.
Then when you create custom OU's which if you are going to use group policies then there is a good chance.
The user manager openchange details only show if the users are in the original users OU.

There is the long running thing because of Samba4 being coupled to an OpenLDAP directory and a refusal to use sAMAccountID which would work.
Seems like shooting your self in the foot because linking Zentyal to M$ DC's will hit this error. Statistically its going to happen.
I guess its perspective as mine is focused on Samba4 as I don't have an interest in the OpenLDAP on 390.
So when I realise Samba4 is being butchered with something I never choose to be installed then maybe someone can at least understand why I really question this.

Apart from those, guys I am finding 3.4 pretty much close to release which with the date is probably very good news.

Anyone else managed to run up all the features I have with 3.4 and found any further bugs or can just confirm yeah things looking pretty good?

I guess if you want to test the RPC then if it works here http://www.zentyal.com/for-hosting-providers/get-your-zentyal-for-hosting-providers-demo-for-30-days/
Then it will be just a short time for a fix.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 07:34:37 pm by peterpugh »

peterpugh

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 07:58:20 pm »
23 updates, Yeah. fingers crossed. Best wishes Zentyal.

Hopefully beers and not development :)

Don't think my install is a happy chappy after that.

Going to start from fresh. Lot of updates, its a Beta and it will do no harm.

Going to start with http://sourceforge.net/projects/zentyal/files/Incoming/zentyal-3.4-daily-amd64.iso/download
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 08:25:24 pm by peterpugh »

peterpugh

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 01:56:39 am »
Just noticed I didn't have to start again. The updates are changing the webadmin port back to default