Author Topic: sogo-activesync package  (Read 16994 times)

b.deivid

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: sogo-activesync package
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2014, 09:46:43 am »
Hi,

I managed to get everything working on Ipod - emails, contacts, calendar using sogo-activesync.

Any special configuration you had make?

No, there is no special configuration.
Create an exchange account in IOS and when it says that the account could not be verified, just save the settings You have  made. After saving the account, modify it and in Advanced settings, disable SSL.
In all accounts settings check if PUSH is enabled.

cz

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2014, 04:22:09 pm »
Z-Push with SSL is working without contact synchronization
in log is:
... /usr/share/z-push/lib/default/diffbackend/exportcha ngesdiff.php:183 Creating default object from empty value (2)
... BackendCardDAV->GetMessage - Error getting vcard '4A67-53331400-F7-36FA5600' in 'b1037f90': Not found!
... BackendCardDAV->GetMessage(): vCard not found

Any idea pls?

Torsten73

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2014, 12:03:13 am »
i had tried both packages with my android phone.
                            sogo-activesync                      z-push
email                    sync but no mails                   no config possible with android assistent
contacts                sync ok                               
calendar                sync ok

I had no luck with SSL only without.

Did i need to edit for z-push anything manually ? for zarafa it was not nessesary

--------------------------------------------------------------
Zentyal 3.5 (offline) unter Ubuntu12.04.3 YAVDR 0.5 als KVM Host
Action Pack Abo with a running Exc. 2013 :-)

wkw911

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2014, 09:39:43 am »
Successfully login and download email using my android mobile phone. tested sent and received without issue. but noticed my PC outlook 2007 did not save sent email in my sent items box. second thing is offline address book still not there, cause a lot of sync issues messages appeared.

Core version 3.4.1 with latest component update. Using Z-push by follow the link provided. https://wiki.zentyal.org/wiki/ActiveSync
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 07:58:55 am by wkw911 »

Torsten73

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2014, 08:28:37 pm »
@wkw911
strange, did you first try z-push ? Because i first tried sogo-activesync and i removed it (purge) and after installation of z-push i can´t connect my phone with the settings i used for sogo-activesync. reconfiguring doesn´t help. I did exactly the same as written in the wiki, but i remember, that for z-push a config file exists, but i didn´t modify any file by hand.
Maybe here is another problem when changing moduls of zentyal.

I used a local ip for exchange server adresse, because my system is using only one nic behind a local fritzbox cablerouter. for mobile access i wanted to use openvpn, so i don´t need to open any ports on my router.

wkw911

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2014, 05:09:40 am »
Yes, my 1st tried is Z-Push and it work fine for me. i can connect it through my router behind the firewall with port 80(without SSL and 443 with SSL) haven't try sogo activesync. I didn't change anything manually, just follow the wiki guide turn on the activesync and everything just work. The only thing I realized is my outlook 2007 did not save a copy of sent email in Sents folder. Seems like Zentyal openchange is not very stable yet and no where we can find out what is going wrong and also we cannot alter the setting manually.

Torsten73

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2014, 06:20:37 pm »
Both packages are having problems. In short, z-push gives me authentification errors when trying to connect a active sync mobil device. But the credentials are ok, because the same settings are working with sogo-activesync. But here i have also errors after the first connection android isn´t possible to connect the imap server anymore. smtp sending is possible, also calendar and contacts.

Due to the beginning work on 3.5 i will stop searching for the reason in 3.4 .

jp421

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2014, 01:42:33 am »
I found that when connecting via ActiveSync, the user name for z-push is different than the user name for sogo. When using z-push, use the email address for the user account you are connecting to in the username field. For example, in the domain\username field, if you are using z-push, enter "user@domain.lan" and nothing else (no DOMAIN\ portion). Works for me. When I switch to the sogo package, only "user" is required in this field, again no DOMAIN\ portion. Only problem I'm having now is that sogo won't actually sync anything for me. Z-push is the only one that works, and only with SSL disabled. I am on Android 4.1.2 and also Zentyal 3.4.

Torsten73

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2014, 09:50:31 pm »
@jp421,
interesting, i tried it. but i am still unable to connect my 4.4 Android to zentyal. this time with z-push. What User name did you mean exactly?
The user from SOGo (internal mail adresse), where i log in WebIF, or the external mail adresse? i tried both ones and surely without ssl. No connection possible.
With sogo-activesync i have a connection, but only for 1 time sync, next day i get no sync anymore. Calender doesn´t work also, no errors but calender entries are unvisible and not syncronised anywhere i enter them.
so when you write user@domain.lan this means the internal email adresse for me. my external looks like my_realname@domain.com.

dannyboy1121

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2014, 11:16:49 pm »
I found the guidance on this thread helped me get z-push and activesync up and running:

https://forum.zentyal.org/index.php?topic=12323.0

Specifically this:

I have mine running on 443 and it syncs calendars and contacts over SSL.  I have several android phones and they all work fine.... actually I even have it going through a reverse proxy first.

You have to make sure your port 443 works first (you have to change your zentyal administration port to something else and then activate SSL under the web-server module)  Once SSL is working and you can see the standard Apache it works screen when visiting the site your HTTPS, you should be able to setup active sync by following the directions provided.

Test if the page works by visiting https://your.domain/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync through a regular browser.  See if it even comes up.... if you are successful I believe you see an error that says something along the lines this is for mobile devices only or your browser does not support this connection.  Either way you will know that it is working.... at that point you just have to setup active sync on the phone properly.

thiagopredebon

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2014, 12:42:32 am »
followed your easy instructions. but I cant get it to work on IOS
is there a port on my firewall that I should open for this purpose ?

thank you,

thiagopredebon

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2014, 07:14:55 pm »
Hi,

I managed to get everything working on Ipod - emails, contacts, calendar using sogo-activesync.

Any special configuration you had make?

No, there is no special configuration.
Create an exchange account in IOS and when it says that the account could not be verified, just save the settings You have  made. After saving the account, modify it and in Advanced settings, disable SSL.
In all accounts settings check if PUSH is enabled.

this way worked for me. but wihtout ssl that means less security ? and no encryption ?  thanks