Author Topic: how to install flash player in zentyal 3.3  (Read 4397 times)

christian

Re: how to install flash player in zentyal 3.3
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2014, 12:03:39 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D

If only knowledge and efficiency was based on amount of post  ::) ::)

We obviously don't share same expectations.
2 years ago, while attending Zentyal summit in Zaragoza (BTW this was very interesting and friendly) I was still thinking that community feedback could have direct impact on direction chosen by Zentyal in term of features and development. I'm now convinced this is not what will happen.
Is it true or wrong ? it doesn't really matter.
This is what I believe and this obviously directly impacts my (non) involvement in debates that I believe to be useless here.
This doesn't prevent you to push in this direction and if it appears that I was wrong and you are right, you will bring something helpful in this area and I will not. I've no frustration with this  :P

I'm not saying community is useless (otherwise I would leave) but definitely not in the "let's plan Zentyal future" domain (IMHO of course) This is as simple as this.
It doesn't prevent you to discuss, make proposal, open topics and expose ideas but I'll not be part of this.
In the meantime, I'll still run my 2.2 platform, install last Zentyal version for testing purpose or when I need to help some users in a way that requires hands-ons.

And yes, I'm sometimes direct (perhaps abrupt) in my answers when I feel that requester made no effort to solve its issue and expect from community immediate support for free. So what, you don't like it... feel free to smite, comment, react  :)  I'm too old to change now. On the other hand, I'm sure I'm spending much more time than many other forum members, providing support to Zentyal users, with one to one private sessions and remote control. That's the way I think I bring something to this community. This can't make everyone happy, I acknowledge  :-[

TTFN

PS: I suppose comments I made in Zaragoza 2 years ago are still available somewhere on Zentyal web server...

peterpugh

Re: how to install flash player in zentyal 3.3
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2014, 12:17:54 pm »
You see I don't smite, I do try to converse.

My main reactions have been purely been against some who do smite and seem to hinder conversation.

I consistently appraise your knowledge and find it sad that you seem to believe that providing input, thought and knowledge is pointless unless it directs what Zentyal do.

I don't believe that and I am saddened that with your knowledge and being a leading poster you have this opinion. That we can not share, contribute and maybe occasionally a good idea might have an effect on direction.

It sort of goes against all of the fundamentals of open source and being a leader on the community by title or input its sad that we have published self fulfilling prophecies that might set a tone for the whole community.

Yes I will keep trying. :)

Many thanks as I do appreciate your input.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 12:29:13 pm by peterpugh »