Author Topic: issue with LDAP  (Read 972 times)

olidel

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
issue with LDAP
« on: March 03, 2014, 05:22:20 pm »
Hello,

I'm trying to run the ldapsearch command from the cli. For this I'm using the password information that the zentyal web interface is giving me. However, whatever I do I have the following error message after I enter the password on the password prompt.

ldap_bind: Invalid Credentials (49).

The command that I'm trying to run is similar to the following one.

ldapsearch -x -W -D 'cn=zentyal,dc=example,dc=com' -b "" -s base -H ldap://localhost

I have tried with the zentyal and zentyalro users with the corresponding password but without success in both cases. What could be wrong?

Thank you.

OD

UdoB

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: issue with LDAP
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 07:50:28 pm »
ldapsearch -x -W -D 'cn=zentyal,dc=example,dc=com' -b "" -s base -H ldap://localhost

On port 389 you are talking to the Samba4 built-in Ldap. Probably you want to talk to the Zentyal-Ldap which listens on port 390.
Udo

olidel

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: issue with LDAP
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 08:50:31 pm »
Hello,

Yes, sorry my tests were on port 390. So, the ldapsearch command is like this.

ldapsearch -x -W -D 'cn=zentyal,dc=example,dc=com' -b "" -s base -H ldap://localhost:390

Thank you.

OD

olidel

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
[SOLVED] Re: issue with LDAP
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 03:50:10 am »
Hello,

I found what was the issue. When I was doing the copy and paste of the password, there was an extra space at the end of the password and the system didn't trim that extra space. That's why everything was looking good for me, but this was not the case for the system.

Thank you.

OD