Author Topic: Email module and active directory  (Read 895 times)

zoup

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Email module and active directory
« on: March 03, 2014, 08:24:22 pm »
Hello,
installing Zental 3.3 community edition i was looking forward to setup groupware service using AD authentication backend, but it seems that AD and Mail module are not compatible, any ideas on how this could work out?

zoup

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Email module and active directory
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 08:50:16 pm »
Hello,
installing Zental 3.3 community edition i was looking forward to setup groupware service using AD authentication backend, but it seems that AD and Mail module are not compatible, any ideas on how this could work out?

note that simple webmail interface will do too. if mail service itself is incompatible with AD, how can i authenticate users using AD?

christian

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 09:05:06 pm »
what does "authenticating using AD" mean ?

If you mean LDAP, then you can use Zentyazl LDAP on port 390
If you mean Kerberos, then being member of Samba domain will definitely do the trick.

zoup

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 09:22:05 pm »
what does "authenticating using AD" mean ?

If you mean LDAP, then you can use Zentyazl LDAP on port 390
If you mean Kerberos, then being member of Samba domain will definitely do the trick.

sorry if my message was unclear, what i need is to be able to authenticate mail users using already existing active directory server, can you please advice?

christian

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 09:36:53 pm »
sure but it depends what your application is able to implement. As already explained, both LDAP and Kerberos are available from Zentyal infrastructure.