Author Topic: Zentyal and openchange installation issue  (Read 989 times)

olidel

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Zentyal and openchange installation issue
« on: March 02, 2014, 10:06:51 pm »
Hello,

As you know, zentyal will drop in a few months zarafa support. So, I'm trying to test the openchange replacement. However, I have some issues. In my current production environment I use a share e-mail such as info@mycompany.com. The folders of that account are shared by 3 employees of the company as there is a limit of 3 free outlook users with zarafa. I'm using the delegate function of outlook/zarafa to achieve this result. this is working well. Now, of course, I'm trying to do the same with openchange and it does not seem to work well. Is it something which is supported by zentyal?

I have some doubts because I saw the following information on the openchange web site  http://www.openchange.org/developers/relnotes/2.0-quadrant.html where they say "Sharing mail folders is not supported" in the known issue section. So I'm wondering if that could be something that zentyal could handle correctly.

I have build my test environment starting with a copy of my production environment to avoid to recreate everything. I have deleted the zarafa module and I have installed the openchange module. Everything seems to work fine in the sense that I can connect with the outlook client. I can also send and receive e-mail. However, after a while the outlook client cannot maintain the connection. The only way that I have found to restore the link is to reboot the virtual zentyal server. I went through most of the logs that I know (in e.g. /var/log) but I didn't find any clues. Is there a way to pinpoint where could be the issue? What could be the daemon which could fail?

Thank you.

OD