Author Topic: Backup/restore  (Read 3355 times)

ian

• Community Council Member
  • Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
    • Familie site
Re: Backup/restore
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2009, 11:08:43 am »
Hello Javi,

I think that the problem is solved.

The reason why i get the samba error on mij operational server was because i have copyed the nerw file " Backup.pm " using a file manager on the server ( i use lxde small desktop to make things easyer ) the old file " Backup.pm " was overwritten at that time and when i restarted eBox samba was not restarted again.

So the only thing to solve the samba problem was, in the eBox admin menu unselect all modules needed for a file and print server. Then in command mode remove ebox office ( sudo apt-get remove ebox-office ). Reboot the server, in command mode reïnstall ebox-office ( sudo apt-get install ebox-ofice ) then select all the needed modules for a file and printserver in the ebox admin application.

The server is ok now , evrything is working again.

Next step, on my operational server downloaded the new module " Backup.pm " and copyed the file in command mode ( cp -bf /tmp/Backup.pm /usr/share/perl5/EBox/backup.pm ), reboot the server, made a backup of the server configuration in the ebox admin interface.

Install a new eBox server from scratch, restore the data on the new server, restore the configuration backup and reboot the new server.Now the new server has all the data and cofiguration from the old server and works fine.
So the new " backup.pm " file has solved the access control list.

Sorry it was my fault, i did not correctly copyed the Backup.pm file

Thanks for the intervention,
Ian

Javier Amor Garcia

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2009, 11:23:33 am »
You dont need to be sorry for anithing, ian.

Just one more thing, the 'new' Backup.pm only fixed one thing in the restore procedure, so not need to remade any abackup.

Cheers,
  Javier

ian

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
    • Familie site
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2009, 03:20:25 pm »
hello Javi,

Thanks for the support

Best regards,
Ian

ian

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
    • Familie site
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2009, 04:21:16 pm »
Hello Javi,

I did an extra test.
I have copyed ( in command mode ) the file Backup.pm on the new eBox server, build from scrath.
Then i hve restored the data from my operational server to the new one.
In the eBox admin console i did a restore of the configuration file of the operational server to the new one.

Result data , users groups shares etc are restored on the new server, but the acces list and access permissions are not restored.

So the file Backup.pm must be also copyed on the operational server , and you must make a new backup of the configuration on this server.

Then copy the file Backup.pm on the new server, and restore the new made configuration file on the new server.

This results in a new server with all ok inclusif the access control lists and the access to the files.

Best regards,
Ian