Author Topic: Kids Whitelist wanted  (Read 1213 times)

thorsten

Kids Whitelist wanted
« on: March 03, 2014, 10:52:09 am »
Hi,

does anybody know a downloadable, German proxy whiteliste (e.g. ...tar.gz format) I may use as a categrozed filter list within Zentyal HTTP proxy similar to Shalla Blacklist?

There is one, e.g. "FragFinn", however it provides just a free proxy server itself, but it does not provide the list behind. Other german governmental supported / recommended projects (BPJM) do not provide such lists on a regular base. And it is of course senseless to create a own whitelist as this would be too much editorial work on my end.

Thank you in advance,
Thorsten

majestyx

• Board Moderator
  • Zen Warrior
  • Dont feed the Troll !
    • View Profile
    • German FSFE Blog
Re: Kids Whitelist wanted
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 12:35:26 pm »
whiteliste, just another word for censorship .....
why do not you talk with your children instead of them to lock?

“The internet is a reflection of our society and that mirror is going to be reflecting what we see.
If we do not like what we see in that mirror the problem is not to fix the mirror, we have to fix society.” Vint Cerf

:P
Ahoi
Michael (majestyx) pls, applaud if I could help ;)
--
Erst lesen, dann schreiben: http://forum.zentyal.org/index.php/topic,4317.0.html

Zentyal Doku: http://doc.zentyal.org/en/zindex.html (engl.)

robb

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 12:55:29 pm »
Although I generally agree that blocking information is not the way to go, I have to disagree as soon (young) children are involved at schools. It is weighing censorship against unwanted content. I think the unwanted content is much more problematic in this case than applying censorship.

Ofcourse you have to educate children on how to safely use computers and the internet. I disagree that the internet is a reflection of society since people tend to get much more extreme when they are acting anonymous, but that is another discussion.

christian

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 01:44:40 pm »
I agree too. For very young children, white-list is much better than whatever else except 100% supervision and teaching that is not achievable.
Then once they get better understanding, filtering is the next option until they know how to bypass it. At this time, they are old enough to make their own decision, most of the time.

thorsten

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 03:55:32 pm »
Dear Majestix

whiteliste, just another word for censorship .....
why do not you talk with your children instead of them to lock?

Why do you prejudge someone just on a request for technikal advice? Whowever it was not my intention to start a ethic / educational discussion on how to introduce kids to the internet. If you do not fear such a discussion, if offer you to share my phone number or skype-adress via PN, just ask for it.

Best regards
Thorsten