Author Topic: Zentyal 3.4 Openchange RPC Proxy message  (Read 11569 times)

peterpugh

Re: Zentyal 3.4 Openchange RPC Proxy message
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2014, 10:30:41 pm »
Presumption often results in failure :) So I am hoping there will be a veritable raft of updates and features as the 15th is very soon.

I guess at some point tonight the download will be 3.4 and we will not be running a Beta but a release.

I will be at this and posting in track. The Beta section isn't relevant I guess now.

Prob will be seeing if any of you are in #zentyal on IRC to confirm any bugs.

Torsten73

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2014, 02:08:18 pm »
I can also agree, activation WAN in single NIC configurations will solve this error message. Unfortunatly i can´t test outlook anywhere because i don´t knwo how to use it with outlook2010.

I opend a ticket: https://tracker.zentyal.org/issues/328
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 02:16:37 pm by Torsten73 »
--------------------------------------------------------------
Zentyal 3.5 (offline) unter Ubuntu12.04.3 YAVDR 0.5 als KVM Host
Action Pack Abo with a running Exc. 2013 :-)

IPwnNoobs

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2014, 05:20:33 am »

I see in a previous screenshot you have dantor.de as outgoing mail, so afaik you need to handle that domain in zentyal dns module and to have one host on that domain with an external ip. Then clients (outside your internal network) should be able to use that domain name (something.dantor.de) to connect through https (or http) to openchange.

For testing purposes you can fake the domain in windows editing c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Btw, after doing this you have to open the port on the firewall.

@Blaxter

I'm still trying to get my head around this, and I can't find a lot of examples.

Can you give me some color on what the setup in zentyal would look like if I were using a dynamicDNS like zentyal.me?

Grille

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2014, 10:58:42 am »
I got the same problem, but fixed by adding Ip of eth1(external) to DNS-Config.

I have checked DNS-Domain i use by openchange->setup->OutgoingMailDomain->"exampledomain.lan"
So i go to DNS-Module, search the right domain, because i have more than one. "example domain.lan".
In this line click on Hosts-Configuration-Button, where i get a list of all my hosts in my domain.

There i search for my openchange server name: in my case: "exchange".
I click on Ip-Adrress-Configuration-Button and then add the IP-Address of my Nic which has "External-Option" activated.

My problem was, i have added the second device after setup dns. So it was not auto-configured.

Hope that helps some people with that problem.

P.S:  To activate ActiveSync to get in sync with your mobile Devices: sudo apt-get install sogo-activesync.
Then you get a checkbox for active sync in Openchange-Setup section :-)

ZMK7

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2014, 02:12:12 pm »
I am having the same issue too. I went in circles for the last 2 days trying figure out a work around. still no success.

"Cannot use RPC Proxy because we cannot find this host name: System needs at least one external interface"

This almost tells me the "RPC Proxy" is looking for and NIC with external flag on...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
ZMK7