Author Topic: Zentyal 3.4 Openchange RPC Proxy message  (Read 11573 times)

jelleb

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal 3.4 Openchange RPC Proxy message
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2014, 10:17:16 pm »
@Peter Pugh, i don't think you understand what we are trying to do with the RPC Proxy: it is for connecting Outlook from the internet to your internal server, no need to open any ports besides 443 for https which is what will be used to connect through the RPC Proxy, it is for connecting clients not receiving mail!

I saw today on the SoGo website that they have Active sync running to, can we expect to see that support in Zentyal also so that we can connect our mobile clients from anywhere? (again this is why the RPC proxy exists to connect clients to your server from anywhere)

Jelle

peterpugh

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2014, 10:21:11 pm »
I presume I honestly know nothing. But M$ being M$ the RPC proxy is some sort of SOAP protocol over http?

I don't know why it should get a DNS error unless this is some sort of service record that is required.

If it is an you need to present external DNS I am afraid I am not going to do it with the current Bind implementation.

If someone can post some details about how the RPC proxy is supposed to work then someone on here will be able to give a clear picture.

Externally I am going to use SOGo and if clients require it Outlook via VPN or LAN.

Apols as I say I saw the error and just skipped it as its one of those "Somebody elses problem field"

« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 10:23:32 pm by peterpugh »

jelleb

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2014, 10:34:24 pm »
Well i'm not trying to piss you off or something ;)

The error we are getting means the RPC Proxy is not starting because it cannot find the domain name in the local DNS, but i have checked that again and again and everything seems to be ok.

And it does seem to work, look at the screenshots from Blaxter, the RPC Proxy is running as he gets the setup page for the proxy.

Jelle

peterpugh

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2014, 10:48:11 pm »
Don't worry about pissing me off. Call me to high heaven, I deserve it. I porked my VM with the user corner.
This made me think at this stage I will just run through again to see if the VPN stuff is in order.

I will give it a go and post. Apols just not all that interested in Outlook anywhere.

I will try though :)

PS dunno but there seems to be options to enable it either over http or and https which just didn't seem to be ticked?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 10:50:16 pm by peterpugh »

blaxter

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2014, 09:34:07 am »
it is for connecting Outlook from the internet to your internal server, no need to open any ports besides 443 for https which is what will be used to connect through the RPC Proxy, it is for connecting clients not receiving mail!
That's right.

peterpugh

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2014, 08:33:50 pm »
Zentyal via samba sets up an internal samba domain which I use domain.lan with .lan meaning this is my internal domain.

Then I have a registered domain which for example is domain.co.uk which my dsn records points to the ip of my external nic.

So Openchange sets up on domain.lan but wants and external domain so that it can rewrite the email address so they come back to you of @domain.co.uk.

So I have my first domain domain.lan and my external domain domain.co.uk

I should read the documentation but I think thats it.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 08:36:49 pm by peterpugh »

Torsten73

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2014, 12:02:26 am »
@blaxter, it seems to be, that you are the only one who hasn't the error. I tried to  find out what is different, but i found nothing real.
My setting uses only one NIC but peterpuh seems to use 2 NICs like you.
Did you defined an external domain? Do you send Mails over a relay host or directly?

At the moment i also have other problems which maybe have the same reason?
  • Rpc proxy error
  • Outlook 2010 will work only for the first connection, but then i got after certification message which i agree and store no connection anymore
  • Outlook anywhere, i See no benefit for it. Active sync is much moore needed!!!
Blaxter, can you give us moore infos about your config and maybe a setup backup?
--------------------------------------------------------------
Zentyal 3.5 (offline) unter Ubuntu12.04.3 YAVDR 0.5 als KVM Host
Action Pack Abo with a running Exc. 2013 :-)

kockopes

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2014, 01:41:48 am »
Solved,

in case of ONE NIC, you have to set this interface as WAN, and before you do, make sure you have updated firewall rules !

wkw911

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2014, 02:13:07 am »
Marked NIC to External WAN still not solving the problem, the RPC proxy error message still there.

The worst thing is I did not configure firewall, so now my client unable to access to this server, but my server still can ping to client. how to bring it back ?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 02:31:04 am by wkw911 »

kockopes

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2014, 04:11:35 am »
Marked NIC to External WAN still not solving the problem, the RPC proxy error message still there.

The worst thing is I did not configure firewall, so now my client unable to access to this server, but my server still can ping to client. how to bring it back ?

I can reproduce RPC error message by disabling external checkbox, with external, it is enabled, outlook is asking for password but it dosnt accept anynthing, NTLM right?

you have to log to machine, flush iptables, or add some iptables rule, it is up to you, then connect to webadmin and add firewall rules for external table to fit your previous internal.

wkw911

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2014, 04:50:00 am »
Thanks for the help, managed to flush the Iptables and add the firewall rules from external connection.

but proxy error still persist.

kockopes

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2014, 02:58:01 pm »
Thanks for the help, managed to flush the Iptables and add the firewall rules from external connection.

but proxy error still persist.

then double check your outgoing doimain name in opechnage setup, then your hostname in main configuration and finaly in DNS this outgoing domain contains your hostname.

(i use filesharing in AD DC mode,users having openchange account automaticaly, openchange webmail installed...)

facing new problem that outlook is asking for password from remote location, i can see process in samba log (even if i try to change auth mode from ntlm, errors about parsing are shown as dump of unecrypted password, it seems like outlook reach samba and comunicate, but failing to authenticate

wkw911

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2014, 01:27:14 am »
Ok, found the issue! actually I changed hostname (Zentyal) to DNW after provision the domain name and openchange. After checking the LDAP setting, the Root DN still pointing to cn=zentyal, by adding the previous hostname (zentyal) into the DNS module the message disappeared and new config page shown allow u to set "Access with/without SSL"

Great! now l can try my outlook anywhere. some people say this is useless function, but it still benefit to those carrying laptop to check their email. also looking forward for Zentyal 3.5 for active sync, which already have in SOGo 2.2.

I think this also disclose the issue that changing the hostname in zentyal will not apply the setting to ldap or openchange ??
Anyway, will mark this post as SOLVED if no any other issue related to RPC proxy.

wkw911

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2014, 02:43:03 pm »
the outlook keep prompting me for the authentication when I connect through outlook anywhere. even I key in the user's ID and password still cannot go through, i'm very confirm the id and password is correct.

jelleb

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2014, 10:22:39 pm »
I can confirm that checking the external WAN checkbox gets rid of the error and shows the RPC Proxy setup page.

It would be nice though to have it working with one NIC too as i have a different firewall and Zentyal is not directly connected to the internet.

Jelle