Author Topic: VPN Pass Through Problem  (Read 1321 times)

rmeier

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
VPN Pass Through Problem
« on: March 24, 2014, 07:58:27 pm »
 Hi all, I'm new to Zentyal and still learning to get around in Linux. that being said I have set up Zentyal at my home as a firewall for my home LAN. Since putting Zentyal in place I can no longer connect to my work VPN. I am using the Sonicwall Global VPN Client (newest ver) on Windows 7. I have tried establishing a VPN connection from 3 different machines behind the Zentyal and none of them are able to receive an IP address from the remote DHCP server. Once the VPN client is started, I am promted for my credentials and the authentication appears to work. The problem occurs when the client machine tries to get an IP address from the DHCP server at my office, it will just hang and there is nothing logged in the client software about it. I know the config on the office side is correct and my VPN client had no issues connecting to my office before the Zentyal install so I imagine there is something being blocked when the client is trying to get an address from the remote DHCP server. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

robb

Re: VPN Pass Through Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 08:16:28 pm »
What happens if you install the client provided by Zentyal? (IE download and install the client bundle)

rmeier

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 08:26:00 pm »
I'm not sure I follow you. I'm trying to connect to my office's VPN with my work laptop from behind the Zentyal at my home.

robb

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 09:24:00 pm »
Sorry, I completely misunderstood your situation. I thought you tried to connect to Zentyal VPN using another client than provided by Zentyal... please disregard my comment...  :-X