Author Topic: How to Hide unnecessary groups in Zarafa ?  (Read 1557 times)

beckynet

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
How to Hide unnecessary groups in Zarafa ?
« on: February 23, 2014, 10:14:12 pm »
Message to developper : Why do not include Zarafa Schema in Samba 4 active directory ?

Here is the script https://community.zarafa.com/pg/plugins/release/21794/developer/tdeklein/samba4-ad-integration-for-zarafa

The script is attached

There are a solution in the schema to hide non essentials groups or user. I've try this solution with yaffas version of zarafa and Samba 4 AD. With this solution we can also add send as permissions to users. And limit the number of users to a minimum. This limits the price of the Zarafa pro license to only required users.

Thanks a lot

peterpugh

Re: How to Hide unnecessary groups in Zarafa ?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 11:01:42 pm »
Becknet,

I am renowned for my bad memory.

The schema is in ad isn't it and not just ldap as they are synced. I just can't remember.

I do know if you search through the forum there are some posts how to stop all the unnecessary users popping up.

Either way please tell me as I can't remember.

Found it :)

http://forum.zentyal.org/index.php/topic,18372.msg71242.html#msg71242
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 11:03:47 pm by peterpugh »

beckynet

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 07:09:32 pm »
I don't know how really run Zentyal with Zarafa.

But Active Directory is the Microsoft LDAP version of LDAP. With my attached file we can alter Active Directory LDAP Schema.

With this schema update, integration of Zarafa is easier
You can easily exclude groups or users, can also easily define alias or define who can be send as for an email account. And many other things.

Outside Samba you must also alter the Microsoft active directory to install Zarafa or MS Exchange.  Without it you can not get the necessary AD attributes to manage Mail Interfaces in RSAT.

Thanks for your link this is a temporary solutions.

Beckynet

peterpugh

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 07:21:14 pm »
The mail is controlled through the zentyal user manager and it works.

Or it did if you install the Zentyal groupware module which gives Zarafa.

There have been a few posts saying openchange is creeping into the install and depends on version you are running 3.2, 3.3...