Author Topic: Installing 3.4 on top of 13.10 ubuntu server  (Read 11783 times)

christian

Re: Installing 3.4 on top of 13.10 ubuntu server
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2014, 06:47:14 am »
Trying to move ahead....

This time, instead of enabling users & groups, I decide to take is slowly and start first modules users & groups depends on.
Let's start with DNS as DNS has been updated to ~109 this morning   ;)

===>  HTTP 504, gateway time-out  :( :(

So, I assume I have to wait until more stable component is issued  8)

Torsten73

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2014, 02:33:25 pm »
Any reason for using it on ubuntu server iso? my setup now is working from iso, but i need to install first only openchange (nothing else exepts its own dependencies) configured all and after thats working i enabled openchange webmail. I did about 6 times of reinstalling for noticing it. And i also installed the latest updates from today.

My biggest problem is momentally, zentyal isn´t able to shut down, it cuts ssh and apache and stops responding. Only a hardkill in KVM will stops or restart it.

Although i installed sogo-activesync i still see no working solution for mobil devices (Android & IOS). If this is still the case with 3.4 release, then the openchange is still useless today for customers with mobil devices.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Zentyal 3.5 (offline) unter Ubuntu12.04.3 YAVDR 0.5 als KVM Host
Action Pack Abo with a running Exc. 2013 :-)

christian

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2014, 02:46:17 pm »
Any reason for using it on ubuntu server iso?

yes... I migrated existing server and installing ISO doesn't make sense for me as it comes with X server and graphic client that doesn't fit well on server, from my standpoint of course.
Plus installing from package give you better visibility on what you install, which is my ultimate goal. I don't need (and will not) run 3.4 in prod. This is for testing purpose only (and understanding of what new features like HA and HAproxy bring)

christian

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2014, 09:36:47 am »
I daily install updates (as this is still beta, it does make sense isn't it?) and this fixes some bugs.
Thanks to this, I've been finally able to start DNS, install HTTP proxy... well make some progresses  :)

Today, I got 19 Zentyal updates + 2 system updates that I've installed and once nginx (system) update has been installed, I face HTTP err 504 again  >:( >:( >:(

christian

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2014, 09:43:13 am »
 >:( >:( >:(  :o :o :o

Zentyal console is back to default port (443) instead of what I configured (1443)  ::) ::) ::)