Author Topic: [solved] kerberos-login faulty?  (Read 1590 times)

ATT1

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
[solved] kerberos-login faulty?
« on: February 18, 2014, 02:25:34 pm »
Hello,
I _once_ logged in to my local Win-7-client using the Kerberos System by the local Zentyal server.
Later, I found a local user was created on the harddisk of the Win-7-client; which is not what I wanted to do.
Thus, I simply deleted the c:\users\<username> directory and all its subdirectories.
Maybe that was a mistake.  :-(

Now, everytime I try to login as "any kerberos user from the zentyal server" on the Win-7-client, I get the error:
"You were logged on with a temporary profile".

I already deleted all registry keys in HKLM\SW\MS\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList  - this does not help me in any way, the error still persists: I can log in on the client, but I am always assigned a temporary profile.    :-\

I also installed the Microsoft RSAT Tools on the Win7 client, but they refuse to connect to the Zentyal server.

Any advice of just what to do to get my normal Kerberos login back?
At the moment, "klist" only says:

C:\Users\TEMP>klist
Aktuelle Anmelde-ID ist 0:0x75465c
Zwischengespeicherte Tickets: (0)

So, no kerberos-tickets for me, for some unknown reason.
Any advice of just what to do to get a normal, working, kerberos login, is appreciated! 

« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 12:54:17 pm by ATT1 »

jase

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Re: kerberos-login faulty?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 11:37:22 pm »
hello,
I'll try to help
I've seen this on a couple of sbs2003 to xp and a samba to xp setup, I fixed this by either
re-applying the users security to their local profile folder if that failed I completey deleted the local profile and let it be copied down on next login.
neither of these are working for you as you have deleted the local profile and it is not downloading,
if you look at my post 45, I briefly mention a problem with windows 7 and Zentyal 3.09, this was a while ago and I think I was referring to the permissons on the profile folder on the Zentyal server.

to clarify the situation and aid help from other reviewers, can you answer
when logged on with a temporary profile can you access other Zentyal services like data stored in shares on the Zentyal server?
do you get any error information when the RSAT tools refuse to connect?
why do you call this "kerberos-login faulty" you have authenticated on the server, this is a profile loading problem?
if you create a new user does the profile load correctly?
regards
jase

ATT1

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: kerberos-login faulty?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 12:48:46 pm »
Yes I can access other services, i.e. \\server\shares etc.
However, I solved this already - something mysteriously changed my TCP/IP DNS settings of the Win7 client from "zentyalserver-ip" to "automatically get DNS". :-(
Sorry for the inconvenience.