Author Topic: Zentyal 3 Postgres & other basic infrastructure  (Read 1849 times)

tilllt

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Zentyal 3 Postgres & other basic infrastructure
« on: March 24, 2013, 03:19:31 pm »
Hi People,

the documentation is kind of vague on the availablity of Postgres on Zentyal 3. It mentions that several Zentyal internal Databases are being switched to MySQL since 3.0 but i couldnt find infos if Postgres is installed by default or not.

Also i never really understood if Zentyal discourages installing additional (non Zentyal) Software on the same machine. I.E i prefer running NGinx as a reverse proxy, i want to have dokuwiki, etherpad, davical & agendav etc. It does not make sense for me to install another server for these little programs, neither does my server have the power to run several VM's... But when it comes to installing additional Software Zentyals Docs are rather vague. Would be nice to know by what i can run into conflicts etc. I.e. also i wanted to use VBoxManage - i thought VirtualBox is installed anyways, but VBoxManage was nowhere to be found. It is kind of trial and error then to install VirtualBox to have VBoxManage and find out if it might cause conflicts.

Similar for the Zentyal LDAP Schemata... If i run only one machine, if course it is nice to be able to authenticate against the Zentyal users i have set up anyways. The description is really kind of non existent when it comes to authentication against the Zentyal LDAP.

Anyway, so here my question for right now: Is Postgres part of Zentyal 3? If not, will i break anything by installing it? If yes, how is the MySQL configured, where is the configuration, whats the root user etc?

Or did i get anything wrong completely, what is the proposed procedure to run additinal software on a Zentyal Box, i.e. one that needs its own Database table?

cheers,
t.

dienteperro

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal 3 Postgres & other basic infrastructure
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 12:18:31 am »
Hi tilllt,

Sure Zentyal 3 has a MySQL server on it, according to this video ( http://youtu.be/YYRuuIgsOUw ), you can install webmin and use it to manage MySQL.