Author Topic: SAMBA created shares  (Read 1830 times)

Jeff63301

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
SAMBA created shares
« on: August 15, 2014, 09:13:10 pm »
First, to get it up front, I am new to Linux, Samba, Ubuntu, and Zentyal.  I am trying to make the move from Microsoft....

I have my Zentyal Server 3.5 up and going.  I have joined 2 workstations to the new Samba created Active Directory Domain.

I have created a share \win-srv\share\T  and shared it (as "T") with the GUI allowing me (administrator access)

When I try to copy from my Windows workstation to \\zentyal\T I get two strange results
1. When I drag the whole pile of files and folders my windows wks says - not enough space
2. From windows I can move single files OR a folder with just files in it.  However if the folder has folders = not enough space.

I have about 1.5 Tb free space, so space is not an issue.  I also found the commands to disable quotas and did that too.

Thanks for any assistance.

fasttech

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Re: SAMBA created shares
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 10:50:55 pm »
Check your quota settings, default in the User Template is 500mb. So your users are probably limited to that.

Also, with regards to your newbie status to Linux, regarding investing a lot of time into v3.5, I highly recommend you read this whole thread: https://forum.zentyal.org/index.php/topic,22671.0.html

Jeff63301

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: SAMBA created shares
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 02:38:18 pm »
THANKS!

That solved the problem...  and thanks for the info on version 4.0. 

--Jeff